Confession

SAPPHIRE'S POV

Hunter has been acting a little weird ever since the picnic. He has been super busy and would barley make eye contact with me.

When I would start walking towards him, he would turn around and leave.

What did I do wrong?

It's not like I rejected him or something.

During the picnic, when I went to get more chicken, I saw him about to approach me but them made a beeline to the vegetable table.

Which I know is weird because he hates vegetables. Like hates them.

I should really ask what's going on but I haven't been around his presence long enough to even say one word.

It's like I see him coming into the room. I'm about to greet him. I open my mouth but as he sees me but he quickly runs the other way.

It must me something I did. I had to be.

Hunter was currently in his office. That's where he is most of the time now. That where he stays to avoid me.

Reaching his office door, I knock.

"Come" he said shortly.

I open the door just enough for me to peak inside and see him of his laptop.

"Hunter can we talk?" I say softly. He tenses as my voice reaches his ears. Looks up and nods causally.

"Uh, yeah-yeah, come in" he gestures with his hand to come in as he continues to type of his laptop.

I sit in one of the chairs in his office that's closest to his desk and him.

"Okay Hunter, I'm just gonna to come out and say it. So, remember the picnic?"

"Yes I do" Hunter nods wearily while glancing up at me from time to time.

"Okay so um, well you were walking up to me and... Well when we made eye contact you just turned to the veggie table. Which I know you hate," I gave him a pointed look.

I had his undivided attention now.

"Before you made a detour towards the veggie table, did you want to tell me something?"

"Well," Hunter's had went to the back of his neck and rubbed it. That means he was nervous, very nervous.

"You know what, I really don't remember." I knew he was lying. You can always tell when he lies because he sucks at lying.

"Your lying," I stated. Why would he lie, knowing that he's horrible  at it.

"Just stop and tell me the truth."

You can tell he hesitated. The way he looked around his office as if to find an excuse.

How he stuttered when he tried to answer but stopped to gather his thoughts.

"The truth, Hunter. I don't was lies."

He sighed and finally gave in.

" I just wanted know if," he stopped. Hunter looked down and blushed.

"I was wondering when you have to go back to your pack," I stopped breathing. Does he want me to go?

"Not that I don't like that your here." He rushed as if sensing the way my thoughts were going.

"So when I got up to ask you, I stopped and though, wow, that's rude so I turned away." I blew a heavy sigh. Thank god that was it.

"Oh, thank god. I thought it was something I did." I laughed at myself. Of course it was just that nothing else.

"Well I can leave when ever, really. No one over there misses me so... It all kind of depends on you."

"Well I would love to have you as long as I can." He answered happily.

"Okay that's amazing. Man, I really got worked up over nothing."

"Yeah you did."

I laughed walking out of the office. I was worked up over nothing.

"So we're cool now, right?"

"Yes, yes we're great."he answered as I walked to the door.

I turned to look at Hunter. He looked relived of some kind. "I see you later." I waved.

"Bye."

•••

I'm sitting on the couch with a little disappointment cringing in my stomach.

Why am I disappointed?

I don't even know how my body if felling something when I don't even know why.

Trying to get rid of the feeling I distract myself. Going outside, taking a walk, and talked on the phone with Kathy for a whole three hours.

We talked about: Cole, how Jake was doing, and even a little about Hunter.

After Kathy and Cole's vacation, they're now expecting. Yay! I've always wanted to be an aunt before a mother.

The reason is so I can practice my niece or nephew. You know, so if I mess up it's not my child. I mentally laughed at myself.

As Kathy and I hung up. I laid on my bed look up at the ceiling. Tossing and turning, trying to get comfortable.

As I lay on my side, my back towards the door, I hear the door squeak.

"Sapphire?" A male voice called. I could recognize that voice oceans away.

"Come in, Hunter." I stayed in my position, not caring if Hunter would come in and the first thing he would see of me would be my ass.

"We need to talk," he stated.

"About you coming in to my office, I told you it was just to know when you'd be leaving but it wasn't.

"That actually never even crossed my mind, that you'd be leaving. I was really going to ask you something else."

"..." I'm left saying nothing at all, wanting him to continue. I get up and sit cris-cross-apple-sauce.

"Um.. I was gonna ask if you know, maybe want to have um... Dinner with me?" Hunter stuttered and blushed as he talked.

I smiled brightly. Who wouldn't go out with him?

"Hunter Cole, are you asking me on a date?" I teased him. The reaction was Amazing. He blushed even harder.

"Um.. Maybe," he said softly. "But only if you want to." He rushed trying to save some sort of nun-existing embarrassment.

"Hunter your nervous." I grabbed his hands trying to calm him down. He relaxed a little bit, but was anxious about my answer.

"Very." He stated, looking into my eyes pleading for me to answer.

"Hunter I would love to go on a date with you." I smiled as his face glowed with excitement.

He blew out a breath of relief as he talked.

"I wouldn't even know what to do if you were gonna say no, but I'm so glad you didn't."

•••••

A/N

PLEASE

VOTE

COMMENT

I POSTED A PICTURE ON THE SIDE. ITS ABOUT HOW YOU WOULD BUILD YOU IDEAL MAN. ANYWAYS I WANT YOU GUYS TO DO WHAT IT SAYS AND COMMENT WHAT YOU'D PICK.