Dying then living

I woke up feeling someone holding my hand. I slowly opened my eyes to see Merlin looking incredibly worried. "You look cute when your worried." I said weakly. "Shhh. Rest. The battle is still going on." Merlin said. I looked around. I was on the a bed that I knew for a start. "Where are we?" I asked picking my head up. "We're in Rodor's castle. Your in the infirmary." Merlin said. I slowly got up. "I got to go help Arthur." I said getting out of my bed. Merlin pushed me back down. He shook his head. "Arthur feels wants you to stay in bed. He feels like its his fault. I do too. I shouldn't have let you come." Merlin said tucking me back in and checking my bandages. He lightly touched my wound. I winced. "It's really deep." Merlin said. I nodded. I had felt the Wyvern's claw sink into my flesh. Then something dawned on me, in a bad way. I remembered that when I was reading after training I was researching Wyverns and their claws had poison on them. It takes an hour for the poison to kick in. After that it takes about a day for the victim to die. I jolted up. "Merlin! How long have I been out!" I yelled. "About an hour." Merlin said. Suddenly a piercing pain hit my head. I flopped down on the bed shaking. "Catrin!" Merlin yelled. "C-c-claws of Wyvern, po-is-isonous." I stuttered weakly. Sweat drenched my clothes. Merlin pulled off my jacket and boots. He grabbed a wet cloth and put it on my forehead. "I need Gaius." Merlin muttered. "Merlin. I-I will di-ie-." I said then my throat swelled up making me unable to speak. I grabbed a piece of parchment from the table to my left and a quill and wrote: Andrographis. My hand was shaky so it came out wobbly. Then I wrote: 24 hours then I die, hurry. Merlin grabbed the paper. I blacked out.

Merlin: 

I looked at Catrin. Her eyes were closed and her eyes were bloodshot. Her skin was intensely warm and sweaty. Adrographis. Andrographis. I played over in my head. I stuffed it in my pocket and grabbed my messenger bag. "Nurse! Get Elyan and Gawain! Tell them to take this girl to Gaius, in Camelot. Tell then if she doesn't she will die." I yelled at the nurse and she ran off. I ran down to Rodor's library and looked through the books. They were ragged and torn. Andrographis..... Then I found a book on Wyverns. I pulled it off the shelf and flipped through it. Andrographis! It had a illustration. I folded the page, stuffed it in my bad and raced out of the castle. "Merlin! Where are you going!?" Arthur yelled over at me. "Catrin is dying!" I yelled. Arthur paled. "I need to get this!" I said holding the book with the page up still running toward my horse. Arthur nodded and went back into battle. I jumped onto my horse an sped off. I looked at the page. It said that Andrographis grew in the mountains. That would take... A couple of our to get there if I was riding fast. I flipped through the book.

Symptoms of Wyvern poison: 

As soon as the poison kicks in it will cause a intense fever. The throat will close up making the victim unable to speak. While this is happening the bodie is slowly shutting down. After two hours the victim with not be able to feel there legs. Soon their waist, then there arms and after that their heart. All this can be stopped if Andrographis liquid is put into their system....

I looked up from the book. I snapped it shut and galloped toward the mountains. I wiped my face with my sleeve. If she dies....

Catrin 

Gawain and Percivale carried me out of the castle. My throat was slowly opening again. Everything hurt so much. I felt like the sun was sending all it rays onto me. I wet with sweat. Percivale lifted me up onto a horse. Arthur steadied me on. "You're so pale and warm." Arthur said looking worried. I smiled weakly at him. Elyan wrapped his arm around my waist. "You'll be ok." He said galloping onwards. Gawain rode next to us. I leaned against Elyan for support.

I yelled out in pain. Elyan and Gawain stopped. "My legs! I can't feel them! Everything hurts. It hurts so bad." I said as we rode into a field that overlooked the castle. "We have to get you to Gaius." Gawain said. Elyan nodded and we rode toward the castle.

Merlin 

I got off my horse and ran up the mountain. I looked at the picture in the book. Little white flower on a green stem. I climbed and climbed looking around for the flower. Then I saw it. I reached over and tried to grab the herb. My footing slipped. My heart leaped. I reached farther. My fingertips touched the tip of the flower. I reached farther. My hands clenched around the stem. I plucked it up and plucked a few more. I carefully stepped down the cliff. Flowers in hand. I jumped down. I ran to my horse. I jumped onto Walter and raced toward Camelot. Assuming Catrin would be there.

Catrin 

I was cold. So so cold. Gawain set me onto a cot in Gaius's dorm. My whole body was paralyzed so my head hang loosely. I couldn't moved anything except my eyelids. "Catrin. Oh my goodness." Gaius said putting a cold towel on my head. I've closed my eyes. My breathing turned ragged. I slept/passed out.

Merlin burst in. "Catrin! Gaius! Here! Ground this up...." The rest I couldn't hear. I just focused on Merlin's electric blue eyes. Merlin's mouth was moving but I couldn't hear him. I closed my eyes. All I could hear was my own ragged breath. Then something was poured into my mouth. I opened my eyes slightly. "Come on. Come on..." Merlin muttered holding my face in his hands. Then he leaned in and kissed me. Suddenly everything felt better. A wave of warmth entered my system. I wiggled my fingers. Merlin leaned back. My eyes fluttered open. "Hi." I said hoarsely. I sounded like a dying cow. I smiled weakly at Merlin. "Hi" he said smiling way wider. He looked happier. Like super happy. Then there was a tap at the window. Gaius went and opened it. Fang. He swooped in and landed on my pillow. "Catrin. You need rest. Sleep." Gaius said tucking me in. I closed my eyes. "Wait." Merlin said almost yelling. "What?" I said still hoarse. "It's-it's- just when you close your eyes I feel like in loosing you again." He said in a small voice. How sweet. "Merlin she'll be alright. She needs rest." Gaius said. Merlin nodded and I closed my eyes. I felt a warm hand slide into my hand before I fell asleep. I smiled to my self.

Merlin  

After an hour or so Arthur stormed in. Catrin was still asleep. I put my finger to my lips. "How's she doing?" Arthur asked rather loudly. "She's fine. No thanks to you. Now will you be quiet." I said gripping her hand firmly. I felt like if I let go she might slip away. Arthur looked from me to her. Me to her. "Look Merlin I'm sorry. I know how much she means to you. I shouldn't have let her go-" "Arthur! First, I was joking and second, it's not your fault. If their was someone to blame here it would have been me. She is my friend. I should have been more persistent. Ok?" I said to Arthur whispering. Arthur nodded. "You sure just friend?" Arthur asked leaving. What?! Does he think in her boyfriend or something...