Relief

*Everything from this point on is unrevised* Feb.2021

    Blinking my eyes open, bright light blinded me for a moment, then my eyes focused on the light blue sky that filled my view. Laying down in the back of a wagon, I was hauled the rest of the way back to Wall Rose. Realizing where I was, I tried to sit up, but winced at the pain I felt burning on my leg, along with the bruised feeling coming from my stomach. I laid back down, only to see a familiar face block the sun above me.

     Tears welled up in his eyes and ran lightly down his face as a smile lit up his features. "I'm s-so glad you're okay.." Armin sobbed "(Y/N), I w-was so afraid I-I'd lost you..." He said quieter as he hugged me, but I grunted slightly. "Oh I'm sorry!" He sat up immediately, realizing he'd been hurting me. "It's okay,..." I assured him in a raspy voice. "How long... was I out?" I asked, rubbing my bandaged head, (H/C) strands of hair stuck out from it. "For about two hours... I managed to get you to Wall Maria, where I met up with a few people, one of them being Levi. They helped fix you up and sent us back on a wagon while they finished the mission. " Armin managed to say with only a few sobs before he broke down again.

     "I-It was all m-m-my fault you got h-hurt!"  His tears fell onto my chest as his head hung over my torso, his chin-length, blonde hair hanging at the sides of his head. I was a little shocked, why was he blaming himself? I attacked too, I could have avoided getting hurt. " I engaged the t-titans because...." Armin paused, unsure if he should finish his sentence. " B-because I feel like I n-need to protect you." He finished, hanging his head, in shame and sadness. 

     I managed to sit up enough to be eye level with him. I lifted his chin with one hand so he would look at me, his tear stained cheeks and red eyes made tears come to my own eyes. I brought his face closer, then pulled him into a gentle embrace, being mindful of my injuries. He let a few tears fall from his eyes once more as we hugged, and he soon calmed down. "It's not your fault... don't blame yourself." I mumbled in the crook of his neck. "But I'm safe, I'll be alright." I reassured him and pulled away.

     The ride back was slightly painful, I winced as we rode over rocks and dips in the path, but I managed to slip back into a light sleep. I woke again slightly as I felt gentle arms wrap under my legs and around my back, I was quietly carried into the hospital room. "Hmm, thank you... Armin..." I mumbled softly after he set be down on the bed and covered me in the plain white sheets. "Of course." He said and lightly kissed my forehead, I drifted off into a deep sleep.

(A/N) Sorry it's a short chapter, I just felt like it was a good time to end it. I might update again later, but if I don't, I definitely will tomorrow! Hope you're enjoying the story so far! :) 

Don't forget to let me know if you want stories about any of the other characters, or if you want me to write about another anime.

Have a wonderful day!