Chapter 9

♕ chapter 9 ♕

♕ Dante

Two weeks later..

I sighed deeply as I looked around the hospital room.

The medicine has not been working at all and the doctors have been doing all that they can to keep me alive which isn't much.

"How are you feeling today Dante?" The female nurse asked me as she rubbed her hand up my chest.

She's flirting with me like I'm not dying. It's incredibly disgusting and makes me sick.

"Like any other day....sick." I told her as I began to cough.

I held my mouth in my hands as I let out a hard couch making me feel like my insides are gonna fall out of my mouth.

"Are you okay baby?" She asked while rubbing my back gently.

I rolled my eyes before looking down at my hand to see blood.

"I'm dying." I mumbled as I laid back on the uncomfortable bed.

"Dante you'll be alright just be strong."
She assured me before walking out of the room.

She's wrong. I'm not gonna make it. I feel it. I have to say goodbye to Malia and Diana first.

I was about to grab my phone when Shante walked into the room.

She's about eight months pregnant so she sort of wobbled into the room. She's huge and she has been under so much stress because of me. She could pop any minute and the fact that I probably won't be here when it happens saddens me.

"Baby, I brought you some food since you don't like eating the food here." She stated while setting the bag on the bed beside me.

I shook my head before giving her the bag back.

"I'm not going to live so what's the point of eating?" I asked her making her look at me in shock.

"How can you be so negative? Baby , you can't give up on us." She said with tears pouring out of her eyes.

I watched her cry a little bit before clutching her hand gently.

"I'm sorry." I told her as I kissed her forehead and then her belly.

She nodded and wiped her tears away.

"Okay now let's eat." She said pulling out the food and sitting beside me on the bed.

I smiled a little as I stared at her. "Thank you."

She looked at me with a confused look. "For what?" She questioned.

"For being here for me and not leaving me when I told you about my past. I love you." I told her kissing behind her ear like I always do.

She smiled a little.

"Your welcome baby , I wouldn't have it any other way , and I love you so much more." She replied back as we stared into each other's eyes.

We shared a passionate kiss.

"I'm going to call Diana to see if she can bring Malia by." I told her grabbing my phone off of the night stand next to me.

She nodded and continued to eat.

Hopefully she still has the same number because I haven't dialed this number in forever. I'm actually surprised I remember it.

I was about to hang up but she picked up on the third ring.

"Hello?" She called into the phone.

"Hey Diana." I replied back.

I could hear shuffling in the background.

"Oh hey Dante! How is everything?" She asked.

I could tell that she's sad about the whole ordeal.

"It has gotten worse Diana and I don't know if I'm gonna be able to make it." I told her honestly.

The line went silent and I began to think she hung up.

"Are you there?" I called.

I heard her sniffle a couple of times.

"Yes. I'm still here. I just can't believe your dying Dante." She cried into the phone.

I began to feel guilty because I wasn't there to hold her. I hate hearing her cry because it's something so foreign. When we were together she wasn't much of a crier.

"I know." I responded back.

"How long do you have?" She asked.

I shrugged like she could see me in real life.

"I don't know that's the reason I called because I want to see you and Malia." I explained to her.

"Well Malia's sleep so I guess we'll stop by tomorrow." She told me.

"That would be great. Thank you so much." I said to her.

"You're welcome and Dante stay strong." She encouraged.

"I'll try.."

___________________________
Shante in mm 😊

How do you guys feel about Dante dying?
What's gonna happen to Shante if he does die?
What do you guys think?
Comment below
Vote please
Comment vote follow

Xoxo - msfanfictional ❤️