Chapter 28: Vacation Time

Marco's POV

The next day, I find myself sitting in my office, a stack of paperwork on my desk, my thoughts drifting back to the previous evening.

The memory of being with Lilliana in that cramped closet, her body pressed against mine, her moans filling the air.it's enough to make my head spin.

I push the memories aside, forcing myself to focus on my work. But the image of Lilliana, her hair mussed, her lips swollen from our kisses, continues to taunt me, making it impossible to concentrate.

I run a hand through my hair, frustration and desire warring within me. I know I should forget about what happened, move on, focus on more important things.

But the need to see her again, to touch her, to make her mine, is like a constant itch under my skin.

Pedro walks in breaking my train of thought. He notices the distracted look on my face and raises an eyebrow. "You alright, Marco?" he asks, leaning against the doorframe.

I quickly school my features, trying to seem nonchalant. "Yeah, I'm fine," I reply, my voice cool and composed.

"Just have a lot of paperwork to get through."
Pedro nods, but his eyes narrow in suspicion. He's always been good at seeing through my bullshit, even when I don't want him to.

"Uh huh," he says, crossing his arms. "You sure that's all it is? You look a little... distracted."

Pedro says he has to tell me something
I raise an eyebrow at Pedro's words, curiosity piqued. "What is it?" I ask, gesturing for him to come in and sit down.

Pedro shuts the door behind him and takes a seat across from me, his expression serious. "I need to talk to you about something," he says, his voice low.

I listen intently as Pedro starts talking about Luna, my eyes flickering to his face, studying his expression.

He looks serious, his usual playful demeanor replaced by a solemnity that's unusual on him.

"Man, I really like her," Pedro says, his voice earnest. "She's different from anyone l've ever met. She's smart, funny, and so damn beautiful."

I can see the sincerity in his eyes, the way he looks away, almost embarrassed by how much he cares.

I lean back in my chair, mulling over his words. I haven't really thought much about Pedro and Luna, but I trust Pedro, and he seems really taken with her.

"So, what are you gonna do about it?" I ask, my voice mild.

I take a moment to consider his question. I know the life we lead, the dangers we face, and the risks that come with relationships.

But Pedro looks hopeful, sincere, and I know he wouldn't ask without thinking it through.
"Pedro," I say slowly, choosing my words carefully.

"You know that our lifestyle isn't easy. It's dangerous, and it can be demanding. If you date Luna, you're putting her at risk, as much as yourself."

Pedro nods, understanding the gravity of what I'm saying. "I know, Marco," he replies, his voice steady despite the seriousness of our conversation.

"But I'm willing to take the risk. I want to make this work with Luna. I think she's worth it."

His conviction is impressive, and I can't help but admire his determination. I lean forward, studying him closely.

"You sure about this, Pedro? You've never been this serious about anyone before."
Pedro grins, a flash of his usual cocky demeanor returning.

"I know, boss. I'm as surprised as you are.
But something about Luna...I don't know, man. She's got me hooked."