Chapter 48 - Reactions

Even in the late stage of Qi Refining of cultivation, facing a mid Foundation Building practitioner was considered an absolute defeat. 

Even Zhang Tongtong, feeling the fierce wind of the blade rush towards Zhang Yiyi like a tidal wave, turned her head away slightly, seemingly unwilling to witness the scene that was about to unfold.

The man in the purple robes sneered even more, folding his arms and waiting for his subordinate to deal with the "little lamb" so that they could better plunder the two female cultivators.

"I'm going to fight you!"

Zhang Yiyi, under immense pressure and looking pale, seemed to lose her sanity and recklessly charged at her opponent.

"Haha, looking for death!"

The subordinate, seeing this, was extremely pleased, secretly thinking that his elder brother's prediction was indeed correct. The disciples from the Yunxian Sect, who had been well-protected, had never experienced real danger. A mere provocation was enough to make them lose their composure.

It was like an egg hitting a rock; not even attempting to dodge, Zhang Yiyi charged directly with nothing but her bare hands. This was exactly what he had hoped for!

With these thoughts, he subconsciously slowed his movements. There was no need to use all his strength against a mere Qi Refining practitioner; it was best to leave her with just enough breath to force out everything she had.

"Boom! Boom! Boom!"

Several streams of blade energy struck Zhang Yiyi, causing chaos among the surrounding trees as well.

Under such a display of power, everyone laughed, anticipating Zhang Yiyi's imminent bloodshed.

However, an unexpected turn of events occurred without any warning.

"Second Brother, look out..."

The man in the purple robes' expression changed drastically. Before he could even finish his warning, he saw that Zhang Yiyi, who should have been defeated, not only endured the second brother's attack but also dashed toward him with lightning speed.

"Die!"

Zhang Yiyi no longer displayed any of the previous signs of struggling. Before the opponent's smile could even fade, she delivered a powerful punch.

This punch, imbued with irresistible force, crushed all of the second brother's energy, leaving him unable even to think of dodging. The impact was so overwhelming that he was left blank.

With a muffled thud, the second brother's heart exploded. Within the span of just two breaths, he fell to the ground, still bearing a twisted, proud smile, and died.

Except for Zhang Tongtong, no one else knew just how formidable Zhang Yiyi's unarmed combat had become.

During the days of grinding and fighting in the desert, her physical skills had become so fast and accurate that she could even defeat a Tier 3 Wolf King. Not to mention this arrogant second brother who had already been careless under the influence of her cousin.

"Senior Sister Tong, that one is yours!"

Before the man in the purple robes and the other could fully react, Zhang Yiyi quickly pointed at Zhang Tongtong and then, without looking back, rushed toward her next target.

Zhang Tongtong immediately understood Zhang Yiyi's intention. Without a word, she summoned the millennium ice crystal she had long since bonded with and unleashed a full-force strike.

The seemingly small millennium ice crystal instantly transformed into a dazzling ice arrow, shooting toward the third brother's forehead with incredible speed.

The third brother, though quick to react, summoned a round shield in front of him and prepared to counterattack.

Unfortunately, he had underestimated the power of the millennium ice crystal. Even though Zhang Tong Tong now only had half of her cultivation left, the ice arrow still pierced through the shield and went straight through the third brother's forehead.

Meanwhile, the man in the purple robes, sensing the danger, swung his fist with all his might, fueled by intense anger and his full cultivation level at the peak of Foundation Establishment, towards Zhang Yiyi.

"Boom!"

A full-force strike at the peak of Foundation Establishment was extraordinary. If it hit, even a Stage Four Body Refinement practitioner would be helpless, either dead or severely injured.

But unfortunately, the strike never had a chance to hit Zhang Yiyi. It was blocked by an invisible force halfway through.

"Damn it!"

The man in the purple robes was furious, almost spitting blood. He never expected that these two damned women had set up a high-level defensive formation right under their noses, effectively blocking his strongest attack.

Zhang Yiyi did not give the man in purple a second chance. As soon as the formation was destroyed, she threw a black thunder bead.

Before the thunder bead exploded, Zhang Yiyi quickly drew her longsword and executed the third form of the Clear Peace Sword Technique, unleashing a continuous and overwhelming sword momentum toward the man in the purple robes.

With a deafening roar, the thunder bead's explosion injured the unprepared man in the purple robes. Before he could even spit out a mouthful of blood, the sword strikes, each more intense than the last, mercilessly severed his neck.

In an instant, blood splattered and flesh was mangled. Yet, Zhang Yiyi continued her relentless assault, not giving the man in the purple robes any chance to retaliate.

It wasn't until she was certain the man was truly dead that Zhang Yiyi finally stopped, sitting on the ground in a disheveled manner and breathing heavily.

Unlike her previous calm and decisive demeanor, her hands now trembled slightly, both from exhaustion and from the fact that this was her first genuine act of killing.

Indeed, she had long been accustomed to killing in her cultivation, with countless beasts having perished at her hands.

But killing a person with her own hands was different. Reflecting on it after the fact, her heart inevitably wavered.

"First time killing someone?"

Zhang Tongtong quickly noticed the slight emotional disturbance in Zhang Yiyi and said calmly, "You'll get used to it after more kills. After all, it's either them dying or you."

Just from Zhang Yiyi's earlier skilled deception and decisive killing, it was hard to tell if it was her first time shedding human blood.

Thinking about how she had so confidently trusted and followed the instructions of a novice killer, Zhang Tongtong felt she was truly fortunate.

Luckily, her cousin didn't falter at a critical moment, and the outcome was quite satisfactory.

"Thank you." Zhang Yiyi took a few deep breaths, quickly regaining her composure and adjusting her emotions.

"There's no need to thank me, just give me a larger share of the loot when we split it."

As Zhang Tongtong spoke, she walked toward the corpses. After all the effort, it was time to get some compensation.

Although her expression didn't reveal anything, she was deeply impressed by Zhang Yiyi's terrifying combat instincts and cunning strategies.

It really wouldn't be wise to be enemies with someone like her. Fortunately, she hadn't made that mistake.