Chapter 125 - Heavy Bleeding

A white light flashed at the edge of the black forest, and a man and a rabbit suddenly appeared out of thin air, right near the place where Zhang Yiyi had accidentally entered the Bai family cave.

"Maoqiu, you were too slow. I was almost beaten to death by that old man from the Bai family."

The first thing Zhang Yiyi said after coming out was to mutter about Maoqiu. Of course, she also took the healing pill and swallowed it immediately.

Although the whip from the Bai family ancestor did not fall on her in the end, the suppression in the realm and the gap in strength inevitably caused her blood circulation to become disordered and she suffered some internal injuries.

Fortunately, the injury wasn't fatal, and since she had taken a high-grade healing pill, after adjusting her breathing, there was no major issue.

But back then, the situation had been incredibly dangerous. If Maoqiu had been even a little bit later, she would have either been dead or crippled by now, an easy target for others to take advantage of, and all her plans would have been a complete joke.

"Thank goodness, thank goodness. In the end, we still made it out safely and smoothly, didn't we?"

Maoqiu's little heart was still pounding, but aside from that fleeting moment of danger, it was more filled with excitement and joy from successfully seizing the Netherworld Flame.

The old ancestor of the Bai family was truly blind, treating Maoqiu as nothing more than a regular spirit beast. He hadn't paid any attention to its movements, much less imagined that it could brazenly swallow the flame without any consequences.

Hahaha, although the cost was high, the Yellow Spring Flame was now finally Maoqiu's!

"We made it out? Maoqiu, explain to me—this is what you call a distance of at least five or six miles?"

As her energy settled, Zhang Yiyi noticed that the surrounding scenery looked strangely familiar.

With just a glance, she could tell that this wasn't five or six miles away at all. It was exactly the same spot she had accidentally stumbled into earlier—not more, not less!

Zhang Yiyi was furious and felt the urge to give Maoqiu a good beating. It still had the nerve to claim everything had gone smoothly. They were clearly still right under the Bai family's nose; they had only broken through their formation.

"Huh? It seems like the distance is just a tad short."

Realizing where they were, Maoqiu felt a tiny bit guilty. "Blame that stupid Tracking Mirror for showing up at the worst possible time. If it hadn't revealed itself early, I wouldn't have needed to burn through so much spiritual energy. I could've ripped open the space and escaped farther."

But honestly, things hadn't turned out so bad. After all, claiming the Netherworld Flame had cost it a lot of energy. To say they managed to tear open space and escape so smoothly was quite lucky.

Of course, Maoqiu wouldn't dare say that aloud to Zhang Yiyi. Who knew how the female cultivator would react?

"You're something else!"

Zhang Yiyi didn't have time to keep arguing with Maoqiu. She immediately bolted north at full speed.

Maoqiu, feeling a little wronged after Zhang Yiyi's harsh scolding, wanted to retort but quickly shut its mouth, not daring to interrupt as she fled with it in tow.

Oh no, it really was too close. In the blink of an eye, the Bai family ancestor's aura was already surging toward them. No wonder Zhang Yiyi didn't waste another word before taking off.