Prologue, Mysterious Beginnings

"And you Darren Phillips, accept Sofia Ferguson as your beloved wife? To cherish her in good and in the bad, the rich and the poor, till death?"

"I do."

"And you Sofia Ferguson, accept Darren Phillips as your husband? To cherish him in good and in the bad, the rich and the poor, till death?"

"I do."

"By the power invested in me, by God. I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Everyone watched and clapped as the married couple kissed. They truly make a cute couple.

Everyone from work was here, even the boss. Mr. Greyson; he wouldn't miss the food for this. Don't let him hear you say that.

Darren had a big grin on his face showing the much he loved Sofia. Who knew that this two would end together?

They made their way down from the altar and walked in hand while everyone cheered for them. They really look cute together.

~~~

I was making my way to my office, no one was here but I like to make my time in the office and check up on the cases and see if anything is needed.

I sat in my chair looking at my desk.

Since the wedding was over I was in the station checking if there was anything new. Everyone was out cause the boss was drunk and said everyone needed a break. No one argued with him and did as told.

I paced myself and checked the board in the drywall for anything. Thing was. There wasn't anything new. No papers. Nothing. Nada. I take a swift look at the clock and it was 6:53pm. I was walking towards the exit when someone spoke.

"Trust me, its all clear as it can be. There's nothing to do here Jaden."

I look over the desk in the reception and it was Christina. She was in uniform. I find it odd seeing her here when Darren wedding was today. I mean, they already got married and all but everyone was outside. On break from work.

"What are you doing here? Everyone's outside."

She grinned laughing straightening herself in the chair.

"Jaden, I don't know if you noticed. But the fact that your best friend, Darren, got married in less than a month is pretty strange. So I do what I do best. And that is working as a cop here in the station."

She stands up coming over me.

"Putting bad boys behind bars" She slowly traced her finger over my chest to meet with my tie knot.

"You know you work here as a clerk. Almost like a receptionist Christina." I said smiling.

"But does that stop me from working as a cop, and in uniform?"

She wrapped her hands around my neck, closing the space of us. I could feel her breathing and a minty one it was.

I just teased her with my lips brushing over hers. I wouldn't do anything here in the unit. And especially when the cameras was in the main entrance. She noticed that I was playing and she made a grunting noise which made me confirm it.

I backed up a bit with a smug on my face pointing the cameras in the corners.

"I will one day get you handcuffed Jay dear. Where cameras won't look"

"Maybe, maybe not." I said holding her left arm handcuffed in the air.

She looked at me stunned and surprised. Shelooked at her belt and noticed that hers were missing. I just laughed and lether hand go. I just winked and left.