#4 Problems and more problems

- You heard me right Black. Don't give me that look. Mind explaining me the crash in your house yesterday?

- It was nothing serious boss.

- Don't boss me Black. It was damn serious. Can you imagine the headlines in the newspaper? "Best detective in town assaulted in his own apartment". He protects the town but can't protect himself. That would be the fucking irony for fuck sake's!

- So what now?

I asked as he looked frustrated. He gets worked up over anything. Seriously, even if his sandwiches had mayonnaise. He hates it, don't ask him why.

- I will assign you a partner. No buts, no questions asked.

- What for?

- Are you deaf kid?

- Right -I muttered- no questions asked.

- You're dismissed.

As I got out of his office I noticed that everyone was busy. Like when did this happened? No one was here yesterday night.

I walked to my cubicle and took a seat. My cubicle was spotless. There was no paperwork or files thrown around my desk. While other cops around you could see them making a fuss over them.

I suddenly feel my stomach growl. I forgot I skipped breakfast at home. I was heading for the cafeteria when I spot Darren walking to Mr. Greyson's office. He takes a seat as Mr. Greyson walks around closing the view to his office with the windows.

- That's strange. -I mutter to myself- What could he be doing here?

- Who could be here what?

I see that Daisy was standing next to me eyeing me suspiciously.

- Nothing.

- Did you had your morning coffee or not? -She asks tilting her head to the side with a hand on her hip- Because I have one spare by my desk.

- I don't drink with sugar like you do Daisy. But thanks for the offer.

- Have you been checking up on me?

- I asked first. -She says defensively with a grin-

- No but you have sugar next to your coffee.

- You didn't look at my desk Jaden.

- So what? It's not a big deal. You always have your coffee in the morning with 2 teaspoon of sugar.

She was now laughing a little. Once you come here to work for a few years you notice those little details that people do. Then before you know it you know all these things. I'm glad Daisy didn't said anything and made this anymore awkward than it already was. Instead she came back with a new cup of coffee. She handed it to me.

- You look like you need this.

As I took a sip of the cup I felt that familiar hotness running through my throat. It felt good and I feel like it had been a long time since I drank coffee.

- You seem to be in a thinking cloud aren't you? And don't try to deny it.

I smirk a little as look at her. I can't let others know me that good.

- I won't spill out your thinking face to anyone. It's not like if they were interested in you.

- Woah, hold it Daisy.

- Hold your guns Jaden. I'm not that interested in you, and clearly neither you in me. In case you didn't noticed this place is infested with wolves dressed as lambs ready to eat you up.