Chapter Four

"You guys got here just in time, you're about to go on! wait, who is this" the guy says pointing at me.

"You know, i'm V Freitag, lead singer of Pushing On Through Pain, maybe you've heard of me" i say, rolling my eyes. the guy shakes his head.

"Nope, V's a Guy" he says. i sigh and look at Eli.

"Actually V's my sister, so no, V isn't a guy, She's a girl" Eli says. the guy goes red in the face.

"I'm so sorry" the guy says.

"Its fine, even Matt over here thought i was a guy after knowing me for 2 years" i say. We get up on stage, and every one is going crazy, and i always go up last. when i get up there, people get confused. i laugh into the microphone.

"So i take it everyone always thought i was a guy?" i say with an amused smirk. everyone just looks at me shocked. "Don't worry, Matt, our drummer over here, has known me for two years, and has thought i was a guy all through that much time. he figured out i was a girl today because of a really long story that involves Eli the bassist over here putting hair color remover in my shampoo" i say to the audience.

"Okay in my defence, you have always dressed like a guy" i hear Matt say. i laugh again.

"Yeah, but that's two years, how did you not notice that i was a girl?" i say, looking at him.

"I don't know! my brain works in mysterious ways" Matt says.

"Thats because you don't think with your brain, you think with your dick" i say. Matt just blushes. "Any way, let's get on with the songs, the first one we will play is Not Alone Ever Again" i say.

~Six songs later~

"Alright, so this last song is a cover of a song, it was originally in a different language, and i taught the guys how to play it, so i hope you like it. its the metal version of Bad Apple, some of you may already know it" i say.

Ever on and on I continue circling

With nothing but my hate in a carousel of agony

Till slowly I forget and my heart starts vanishing

And suddenly I see that I can't break free—

I'm

Slipping through the cracks of a dark eternity

With nothing but my pain and the paralyzing agony

To tell me who I am, who I was

Uncertainty enveloping my mind

Till I can't break free

And

Maybe it's a dream; maybe nothing else is real

But it wouldn't mean a thing if I told you how I feel

So I'm tired of all the pain, all the misery inside

And I wish that I could live feeling nothing but the night

You can tell me what to say; you can tell me where to go

But I doubt that I would care, and my heart would never know

If I make another move there'll be no more turning back

Because everything will change and it all will fade to black

Will tomorrow ever come? Will I make it through the night?

Will there ever be a place for the broken in the light?

Am I hurting? Am I sad? Should I stay, or should I go?