(8)

This is what you call a dilemma. 

I need my phone. I'm not exactly wealthy enough to just go out and buy a new one. If I lost it, my Mom would kill me. Worse, now that Dad's back. Evan is going to use this against me. He knows my situation. He knows I need it. I sigh, wanting to kick myself, again and again for trusting him. What was I thinking? I was a silly little girl, wanting to feel popular. Stupid. So, so stupid.

The bell rings, and I make my way to my locker, not sure what to do. I drop off my things, and get my backpack. If things go badly I'm not stupid enough to stay, I'm running. I walk past the cafeteria, past the fields, and start to get into the creepy side of the school. I never usually go down here. Behind the gym is kind of known as the smoking/sex/drugs/crime kind of area. If you need to buy something, trade, beat someone up-you head here. 

Before I can look around, or figure out where to go, I'm grabbed from behind, and my arms are held behind my back. I'm spun around, and I look up to see Evan's grinning face.

"Sup babe." He smirks. I struggle to get out of their grip, but the two guys that are holding me, won't loosen up their grip.

"Can I have my phone?" I ask quickly. He chuckles, along with his friends.

"You're in a rush." He chastises. "In due time Harper. No need to be rude."

"Should we go?" One of his friends asks, thats holding my arm. I think his name is Devin.

"Yep." Evan says nodding. He looks at me, and smiles. "Lets go somewhere a bit more... quiet." I'm quickly dragged off, and we go into a small alley, where people only go if they want to get mugged. I'm shoved away, and I back up, against the wall. 

"Is this what you wanted?" Devin holds up my phone, and laughs, chucking it towards Evan. 

"I just want to know." Evan grins. "Are you really that naive, that you didn't pick up on the fact that I was playing you?" I don't answer, and stare at the floor. Come on. Just give me the phone.

"Answer him." Devin frowns. 

"Were you that desperate to be popular?" Evan snickers. "Because I hate to break it to you, it'll never happen. People need to stay with their own kind."

"Fine." I say shortly. "I need my phone." 

"But then again." He continues, completely ignoring me. "You could be pretty useful."

"What?" I frown.

"You're like, really smart." He smirks. "I dated you for gods sake, you put school before anything."

"So what?" I sigh. "Just leave me alone."

"But where's the fun in that?" He pouts. "You can't stop us, we may as well use you a little." I frown, not really sure where this is going. "So." He sighs, clarifying. "If we happen, to slip you some homework-you do it."

"No way." I protest. I sigh, this is insane. I've had enough. "This is ridiculous." I growl. "Give me my phone." Evan's eyes darken, and before I can react, I'm pinned to the wall.

"Now you listen up." He growls right back in my face. "I dated your stupid ass, and I'm going to get something back." He looks me up and down, smirking. "Do you know how annoying you were? You never gave it up. I tried, and tried, but something was always in the way. But the truth is, you're just a bitchy little virgin, who can't handle it." He runs his hand down my arm, and grins. "Maybe I should just take it." My eyes widen, and I struggle to get out of his grip, but he just laughs, and holds me tighter. He leans in closer, to my ear. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Let me go." I plead. He grins, and shakes his head. 

"No can do." He moves his hand, placing it on my stomach, underneath my shirt.

"Help!" I scream suddenly, struggling, as hard as I can. Evan quickly covers my mouth with his hand, growling.

"Shut up." He mutters, trying to unclip my bra. I close my eyes, and whimper, but before he can get any further, he's suddenly ripped off me. I open my eyes, to see him on the floor groaning, underneath... Alex? 

"Are you that much of a scumbag?" Alex yells, kicking him in the side. Evan's buddies rush to help him, but he lashes out, punching Devin in the jaw. The others scatter, leaving Devin and Evan by themselves. Alex quickly looks at me, making sure I'm ok. "Get out of here." He tells me. I shake, but get off the wall, and quickly grab my phone, which had fallen to the ground. I shove it in my pocket, and Alex ushers me out quickly, leaving them in the alley way. He drags me by the wrist, into the back car park. He stops at his car, and faces me.

"What the hell were you thinking?" He yells. 

"I needed my phone." I say, catching my breath.

"You risked all that for a stupid phone?" He gasps. "Get a new one! Are you really that stupid?"

"I can't just get a new phone." I growl. "And nobody asked you to come and save me." 

"You yelled out help." He points out. "And I'm not a dick. He was hurting you, I can't just watch that." 

"Thanks for your help." I sigh. "But I'm fine." I pick up my backpack, and start to head back, but I falter, when I see Evan's group, hanging around the gym entrance-the only way back to school. 

"Get in the car." I hear Alex say. I turn around, to see him holding the door open for me. 

"I-I can-" I stutter, not wanting to admit that I need his help.

"Shut up." He groans. "And get in the car." I huff, sliding into the car. 

How do I always get myself in these situations?