(24)

Hi guys.

I feel like I need to draw attention to something. This is a book of fiction. Please do not be offended by stuff in this book, I am not intentionally writing things to hurt people. I am a Christian. I am not writing stuff to offend people. It is part of the story. It gives the book conflict, and content.

And of course things in this book are personal. Ideas for stories have to come from somewhere. So please don't take things to heart. If you feel like it is too much, please stop reading, or inbox me, I am more than willing to discuss it.

Also. I feel like I should apologize. My updates are very irregular. Again, this is because of parts of my life, where writing unfortunately must come second to. Now please don't misinterpret this-I love when you guys comment asking me to update. I don't like the messages I get that criticize me on my slow updates. I am trying as hard as I can, and I am sorry.

Thank you for reading, I can't believe how large this story has grown :)

P.S- Halex or Arper? Bake or Jianca?

-The Muffin Dude xx

<><><><>

Once again, I'm struggling to focus in math. But today, it's not because I'm distracted by Alex's tongue. God I wish I was distracted by Alex's tongue. But no. Today is the day I make a choice.

"Harper?" Alex says, poking my side with a pencil.

"Yeah?" I say, appointing my attention to him, cautiously looking towards the teacher, who is still asleep in his desk chair.

"Do you want to go out tonight?" He asks. "Grab a bite to eat?" I stare at him, as my heart breaks. YES. I DO. I really do Alex.

"I can't." I say softly.

"What's up?" He asks concerned. Here it goes.

"I have a detention." I say. He raises his eyebrows, chuckling.

"Little miss goody goody got in trouble?" He teases. "You reb dog." I smile slightly, crying inside.

"Yeah." I say. "I forgot about that chemistry worksheet we had to do."

"Oh." He muses. "I'll wait around, drive you home."

"No." I say quickly. "I mean, it's not needed. Bianca has her tutoring session, so she can drop me off."

"Ok." He says, nodding slowly. "Zane's attempting to cook, so I'll be bringing in Chinese food."

"Great." I say, wanting to tell him everything. How I won't be going back tonight. How I probably won't talk to him again for a long time. How tomorrow, he would have every right to hate me.

<><><><>

The day goes by in a blur. In the usual way. Except today, I have this weight in my shoulders. Sometimes people make choices that aren't so good for them. But they need to be made. I just hope Alex can understand that.

"The fact that you think superman could beat the hulk in a fight is absolutely ridiculous." Hayden snorts.

"Hayden, the hulk may be strong and bulky, but that's his disadvantage." Jessica says, pushing her glasses up her nose. "Superman has the fluency and the flying ability, allowing him to move faster and commit to a more efficient attack."

"But even if he is faster, he doesn't have the strength to take the hulk down!" Hayden insists.

"In a face to face fight." Jessica points out. "But by flying, superman has the element of surprise." Hayden just stares, speechless.