(18)

I breath in a heavenly smell. What is that? To be honest I don't even care. I snuggle closer to my warm, soft pillow, and sigh. Hang on. Since when do pillows have hair? My eyes shoot open, and I jump, as I realise the pillow is Alex. I move away, but calm down as I realise he's still asleep. Thank God. That would've been awkward. Well. More awkward than it already is. I only just realised he was shirtless. Woah.

My alarm starts to beep, and I turn it off, but Alex's eyes already start to flicker open. He sees me and smiles.

"Are you watching me sleep?" He snickers. I blush, my cheeks burning.

"No." I snort. "I just woke up."

"Righto." He laughs, getting up. "Um." He says, rubbing the back of his neck. "I don't think we should tell any of the others about this. We give each other a lot of crap about this kind of stuff. It took Zane like a month to stop being teased about Scarlett."

"Yeah, totally." I smile. "No big deal. It's different anyway. Cause... we're not together."

"Of course!" He says quickly, shuffling awkward. "I know, it was just... an example." I laugh, and nod. 

"It's cool." I say. 

"Sweet, well, I should go get ready." He says. "Friday morning gym isn't something I want to be late for."

"Mr Finchetti has been extra dickish lately." I snicker.

"Yeah." He sighs, heading for the door. "He needs to get laid." 

"Oh, and Alex?" I stop him. "Thank you." He smiles at me.

"Don't worry about it." He leaves, and I grab my toiletries bag. After staying here for a week, I've learned that I can't leave my stuff in the bathroom. Because nobody in this household is ready to explain to Will what tampons are. I walk down the hall, but freeze, as I see Asher at the other end, heading for the bathroom to. Damn.

I make a run for it, but he starts to run to. I reach the door, but he beats me to it, locking it.

"Come on Asher, I need to shower!" I shout through the door.

"Well I need to get ready to!" He shouts back.

"It doesn't take long to steal Cole's aftershave!" I yell.

"It takes time to reach my level of perfection!" He yells, and then turns on the shower, so we can't hear each other. I groan, dropping to the floor to wait.

"Asher beat you to it again?" Jake snickers, walking past me.

"Fourteen year old little diva." I mutter. Cole walks up the stairs, and sighs, holding up a key.

"That aftershave is expensive." He grumbles, and unlocks the door, letting himself in. He reappears with Asher, in a bathrobe and a towel wrapped around his head, being pulled by the ear. 

"Come on dude you're a horny little fourteen year old, not a sleazy fourteen year old man." Jake laughs, disappearing into his room. Cole drags Asher away, and I hurry into the bathroom, locking it behind me. Shower time.

<><><><>

"HARPER!" I spin around, just in time to brace myself, before Bianca jumps me. 

"Thank god you're back!" I groan, hugging her back.

"I'm so sorry I was gone so long." She says, following me to my locker. "My father's a freak."

"It's fine." I smile. "It wasn't that bad." She gives me a weird look, and scoffs.

"Right." She says, sarcasm dripping off her words. "Your Dad's back, Evan dumped you, dumped you in a river, found out his Dad is a drug dealer, you're living with the River boys, kissed a river boy, got left in a river AGAIN, got-"

"Ok." I cut her off, annoyed that she made her point. "It was a water hole." She laughs, opens her locker next to me. 

"Right, well." She says. "I'm back now. But I'm sorry, my Dad won't let you stay at our house, he still thinks you're a lesbian."

"It's fine, it's actually not to bad at their house." I say, as we walk to class. 

"Yeah." She says, smiling cheekily at me. "I bet." I hit her playfully. 

We fall back into our usual system, sitting in the corner, ignoring the teacher, talking. She's even further ahead in class than me. Her Dad makes sure of it.

"So they just wander around shirtless?" She grins. I sigh, and laugh.

"That's all you got out of that whole thing?" I giggle. She smirks.

"Alex caring about your emotions is great and all, but you skipped over the most important part-you've seen Jake without a shirt." She teases.

"I'll introduce you." I tell her. 

"I know you will." She tells me. "I'm expecting it."

We go on catching up, but eventually we have to split. Her father makes her take literature, whilst I would rather stab myself in the eye repeatedly. I slide into my seat in English, ready to read my trashy magazine I smuggled in. Kanye running for President. The perfect way to waste fifty minutes of my day. I hide it within my textbook, and try to zone out. Someone slides into the seat next to me, and I freeze, confused. Nobody sits next to me. Like what. Who does that?

"Good read?" My blood runs cold, as I look up to see Evan.

"What are you doing here?" I growl.

"Learning." He smirks. 

"Well move." I say angrily. "You're not wanted."

"What's this?" He says surprised. "You're not scared of me?" I snort, and go back to my magazine, before it's ripped off me. 

"What's going on?" He asks.

"You're a dick." I growl.

"So the River boys have finally given you a backbone." He snickers. "I heard you're staying with them. Like their little whore."

"You know nothing." I spit.

"Whatever." He laughs. "The reason why doesn't interest me. Your stance towards me does though. This is interesting. Why do you suddenly hate me, without a hint of fear?" I ignore him, not wanting him to get to me.

"Unless you found out about Will." He continues, making my breathing hitch. "Which means you know about my Father. And because you're a pathetic little girl, you would hate me for it." I stay quiet, wanting to punch him.

"Oh, this is to good." He snickers. "This is great."

"You're despicable." I spit, gathering up my books, as the bell chimes. "You disgust me."

"I'm sure I do." He calls out to me, as I run out the door. "I'll be seeing you."