XXV

XXV

Alex David Turner

"SO HOW'S KIM?"  I asked Richard, as he sipped his tea. I had invited him over as I wanted to catch up, and he didn't have much planned as Kim's parents wanted some alone time with her, so he decided to leave her be for the weekend.

"Mate, you can't tell her what I'm about to tell you, okay?" Richard responds, looking me dead in the eye.

Me, being curious at the time, nods my head vigorously. "What is it?"

"She's getting admitted to a hospital every weekend," He replies, and my eyes widen.

"Why wouldn't she tell me that?" I say, "It's not a bad thing that she's recovering. It's everything that I want."

Richard shrugs. "I've got no idea, mate. I keep on telling her to tell you, but she never listens."

"What's there to hide anyways?" I say, huffing. I saw no reason for her to hide it.

"No idea," he says, rolling his eyes. "A pain in the arse, isn't she?"

"Sometimes," I shrug, sipping my tea. "Anyways, What's going on with you?" I say, wiggling my eyebrows, and Richard starts laughing.

"What do you think of Harry?" He asks randomly, as I widen my eyes.

"A bit out of the blue, don't you think?"

"Don't answer a question with a question," he says, quoting what I said to 'Deborah' on a poetry site.

"I can't believe she told you about that!" I exclaim.

"What doesn't she tell me?" He smirks.

"She told you about that, too," I say, rubbing my neck. Damn, I knew they were close but how close could you get? At this point, it was like they were the same person.

"I get everything out of her," Richard says, smirking again.

I roll my eyes. "I think Harry is okay. He's quite smart,and very dedicated to school."

"Oh, okay."

"Did you want my opinion as your friend, or a teacher?" I ask.

"Friend."

"Well," I say, humming as I run my finger over my lip, "I think he could use a friend. He's very quiet and he's never got a partner in any of my lessons. He's not a bad looking guy, sometimes I hear the girls giggling over him."

"That's true," Richard mumbles under his breath.

I laugh, punching Richard in the arm. "Lad on Lad action, eh?"

"Okay, okay," Richard gives in. "I might be bisexual, but I'm not sure as of yet."

"Are you and Harry-"

"No! NO."

"Hold your horses," I laugh.

"Does it look like I have any horses on me?" He retorts.

I roll my eyes. "Don't get so defensive."

"I'm not."

I roll my eyes again. Fucking hell, he was stubborn. "What were you saying earlier?"

"Anyways, we talk, but he seems straight as hell."

"I wouldn't be so sure," I say, taking a sip of my tea.

"What makes you say that?" He asks, looking at me suspiciously.

"I just wouldn't jump to conclusions, mate," I say, not giving in.