XIII

a slighly larger chapter, i hope you enjoy. in the external link will be a link to the book of indirect letters that alex wrote to kim. thank you all so much for five thousand one hundred plus reads! love you all

Alexander David Turner

"YES, TOM I understand fully and completely," I assured, hoping that Thomas would end it at that, which I knew, wasn't going to be the case; Tom was awfully persistent.

"I have been trying to have a one on one with you for almost two weeks, Alexander," he continues to say, as I refrain from a sigh as my portable iPhone rests against my ear, playing a vital part to my listening of Thomas' words.

"Which I apologise for, Sir Bloomsbury," I add, making sure that this thought was kept in Tom's mind as it was incredibly true and I honestly just wanted him to sigh in agreement at last and release me from his bubble of boredom and annoyance.

"Yes, I am aware of that, but that does not change the fact that I need to see you; at some point today," Thomas argues, frustration clear in his tone.

A sigh escapes my lips before I reply to Tom's previous statement. "I am afraid I can not," I speak, trying to sound formal, professional and not annoyed at all. "I do not have a single free period today."

It was almost as though I could hear him smirk through the telephone. "What if I told you that this was about Kimberly, Alexander?"

I jump at the mention of her name. "Why do you want to talk about her?" I speak, unaware of the fact that I was possibly breezing through my words. "We already spoke about her, about a month or two ago."

My heart thumps loudly in a consistent pattern as I await for Tom's response. "Thomas?" I call, waiting for his reply. Removing the mobile off my ear, it indicated that the phone call had already ended.

Slowly yet steadily, I began to attempt to work out Thomas' main goal, which we both knew was to meet me at some point today which had to be important and urgent since he disliked it greatly when meetings were put before lessons, even though a substitute was bound to be there.

He must've knew that I was going to go slightly mad, especially if he mentions Kimberly; how much I care for her is absolutely ridiculous, and almost dangerous.

I ran my hand through my hair. This was just fucking stupid. Why do I have a incessant tendency to overthink things, especially things that don't even seem that imperative?

I wasn't saying that Kimberly wasn't significant; she obviously is, but overthinking small things like why Thomas was calling me in, was. I could easily just go to his office and find out for myself.

Biting my lip whilst fiddling with my silver ring placed on the end of my pinky finger, I decide to finally push all stupid, unnecessary thoughts out of my brain before going to see Thomas myself, which was going to be an end to stress for the two of us.

Flashes of Kimberly appeared in my brain at an utterly vast, rapid pace, rapid enough to stop me in my tracks; was this really going to be about Kimberly?

Not again; I wasn't going to procrastinate the act of seeing Thomas anymore. What needed to be done would happen eventually; yet if I continued to procrastinate, I am very sure it was never going to happen.

Continuing to walk at a normal pace, I greet a few students, asking them how they were and such, whilst I make my way to Thomas' office. I tuck one of my hands in my blazer pocket before twisting the knob of Thomas' door.

"Ah, at last, Alexander has arrived," Thomas beams before asking me to take a seat as he sits down himself. I bite my cheek, mentally preparing myself for what he was to say. It can't be that bad, I try to assure myself.