Chapter 14 - Malika

"That would be $2,276.14, credit or debit?" the Nordstorm cashier says. I was doing some last minute shopping at the mall for Armani, her birthday is on tomorrow and Marcell is throwing her a surprise birthday party. I was buying her a pair of black Louboutin Daffodile 6-inch heels and a matching black Louboutin Riviera clutch, which I'm praying she doesn't already have.

I look inside my black and white Micheal Kors Selma Medium Color-Block leather
for my black Michael Kors Fulton Leather Carryall wallet. I placed my back on the counter and took a stack of hundred dollar bills. I counted it up so I had $2,300. "I'm payin cash I handed it to the cashier, who looked overwhelmed, "What? You've never seen money before?" I wave the stack of money, "Aren't you going to take my money so I can leave?"

She took the money and entered the amount into the cash register. The register popped open and she took out some money. "Here is twenty, one, two, three, four, dollars and fourteen cents." she says counting the money. "Thanks," I say taking the money and grabbing my bags. Now I had to get those Jordan Retro 11 Gammas for Terrell's spoiled ass. Terrell is my 11 year old brother, who has this big ass crush on Asia, one of Armani's kids, ever since he met her in school and would do anything to impress her. Jaden and I always make fun of him because everyone knows it's a one-sided love.

I walk into footlocker and some fine ass guy says, "Welcome to Footlocker!" he smiles at me. He got the straightest teeth I've ever seen. "Hey," I say giving him a small nod. I go to the back where they had the men's sizes. Terrence got some big ass feet for a eleven year old. I start looking for the Gammas and as I'm looking I accidentally bump into someone, causing me to drop my phone, and it lands on its screen, I heard the glass break. "Yo, do you know how much I paid for that? This is a custom made real 24k gold iPhone 6!" I say picking it up.

"I'll pay for it," he says picking up his shopping bags. I look up and damn, this nigga was perfect. He was a lightskin with that haircut that every black guy seems to have now. He looks up at me, "I'm really sorry," I smile "It's okay," I have another one in my bag, so I didn't really care.

"No, for real, I owe you," he says helping me up, this nigga was mad tall, "How about I get your number and you get mine, so I can help you out in the future?" he winks. I laugh, this nigga was cute, but I wasn't gonna give some stranger my number. "Nope," I say with a smile. He frowns, "At least gimme your name!"

I find the Gammas and hand them to a nearby employee, "Can I get this in an nine and a half?" The employee nods his head and heads to the back of the store. "Malika Brown," I say turning back to him, "Jewel Diamond," he says, "Are you for real?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I'm dead serious," he laughs. "Okay," I say smiling, "Well, Malika, I just want to be friends."

I roll my eyes, "Fine, gimme yo phone," he smiles and hands it to me. I give him my other phone, that is not broken, "Here, put your number in,"

I saved my number in his contact as My Queen❤️👑 and gave him his phone back.

He hands me my phone back, "Really, My Queen?" He raises an eyebrow and smiles, "What?" I say shrugging my shoulders. I look at my phone, he saved his number as Big Daddy Diamond😏💎.

I scoff, "You should not be complainin about anything, " I shake my head. He chuckles, "Well I like it, so get used to it."

I made a face, the store employee came back with the shoes. "Would you like to pay now or continue shopping?"

"Um, pay now," I say nodding my head. "Damn ma, you got some mad shoe game," Jewel says as the employee opens the shoes box to scan the shoes. He looks at the shoes closer, "And some big ass feet." I laugh, "There for my lil brother!"