Chapter 25 - Armani

I lied on my living room couch, staring up at the ceiling. I had been crying for the past two months and I was done crying. I've come to the realization that crying, won't bring them back...

14 of my kids died in those two months, ten of them were blown to bits on the spot. And two of them fought, but couldn't win...

Nine of my kids survived, with a few minor scrapes and cuts. Malika, Marcell, and I are still alive. But yet, I feel dead.

"Armani, you have to talk to me! Please don't shut me out!" Khadijah cried. I haven't spoken for the past four days.

"Armani! Listen to us, you are our eldest daughter, it is unhealthy for you not to speak to anyone like this!" My mother begged. "She hasn't even been talking to Marcell," David said, trying to pull me up.

I was staying at one of my extra houses in San Fransisco, along with the kids and Marcell. The kids, are all locked up in their rooms, I'm pretty sure. And Marcell, well, who knows...

Malika is staying with us, for her own safety.

"I'm sorry..." I finally said. Everyone in the room sighed at the same time.

"Armani, none of this is your fault..." Khaleed sat near my feet.

"I don't know...I think I'm going to need some therapy..." I sighed. My mom shook her head, "Stop it, stop, you don't need therapy...you should just come home for awhile, come back to Charlotte, everyone in North Carolina misses you!"

I sighed again. Maybe I should go back to North Carolina, I thought. I hadn't been to Charlotte in almost two years...and I needed a break.

"Is she talking again?" Malika walks into the room in Spongebob printed pajama pants and a white oversized t-shirt. She had her hair in a bun on top of her head.

"You guys I'm just tired, can I please take a nap or somethin'," I placed my hand on my forehead, I was really stressed out right now.

Elijah toddled into the living room with a big smile on his face, "Hi mommy!" he squealed. I couldn't help but smile. I sat up on the couch and opened my arms as he ran towards me.

He hopped on the couch and gave me a hug. "Hey, lil' man!" I said smoothing out my shirt. "Mommy? Are you okay now?"

I sighed, "Well, I'm getting there..." I gently pat his head, "Elijah, I think you need a haircut!" I ran my fingers through his small Afro. He touches his head and frowns, "Noooo," he whispers. He hopes off my lap and runs back upstairs, screaming.

That lil boy is somethin' else.