Chapter 27 - Armani

Seven Weeks Until July 10th...

10:30 AM

"Y'all need to chill, I'm fuckin' tired of y'all nasty asses makin' out on my fuckin' couch!" I mean mugged Jewel and Malika, who were kissin' all up on each other on the couch.

"Sorry Mani, but I'm movin' in with Jewel on Saturday, so you don't gots to worry about us anymore!" Malika sat on Jewel's lap while Deandre and Asia sat on the other end of the couch. Asia was binge-watching Scandal [best show ever besides Empire!] on Netflix. While DeAndre was on his phone, probably looking for apartments, Makiya already moved out, she has a condo in San Fran and a loft in Boston. Hakeem is moving in with DeAndre too, they both are attending University of San Francisco in the fall.

"Mom, can we go to boarding school?" Tamia taps on my shoulder.

I cocked my head slightly to one side, "We as in...?"

"India, Asia, Miles, and I."

"Awww, the house will be almost empty," I frown. "Everyone's grownin' up mom," Deandre says.

"Dammit, now I know how my parents feel," I sighed.

"Yup! We glowin' up too!" India flips her hair, while observing from the balcony.

"What school?" I ask. "Ojai Valley School, near Santa Barbara!" India says enthusiastically.

"Girl, you realize that's nearly six hours away?" I say.

"I know, but we've already filled out our applications, we just need you to sign them," Asia says.

"Please?" Tamia begged. I rolled my eyes, "Fine, I'll sign them as soon as I get home!" I say walking out the door. Elijah and Chanel run up and give me a hug, "Bye guys!" I kiss both of their foreheads. "Bye mommy!" They both said. I put on my white Nike Huarache Runs.

"Wait, is Marcell home?" I ask everyone. "Nope, he left like six hours ago," Malika says. I scoff and walk out the door, shutting it behind me.

I got inside my matte white-on-white 2016 BMW M4. I angrily put the key into the ignition. I understand that Marcell has basketball and stuff to do, but he's also got a family. I haven't seen him in almost four days. He's always leaving hella early and coming back hella late.

I started driving towards downtown San Francisco, because I had to practice for an ad I was casted in. I'm supposed to be the male lead's wife. The male lead's name is Dante James or somethin' like that.

I walk into the studio and dial Marcell's number, it rang twice and then it went to voicemail, I know this nigga did not just decline my call, "Hey, Marcell, it's your wife, Armani, in case you forgot about me! Well, I just called to see where you were! But it's looks like your busy right now so call me back or not! I don't really care!" I said in an irritated tone. "Woah, hubby problems?" I turn around to see a brownskin man, at least a foot taller than me, with that tapered haircut that every nigga seems to have nowadays. He was wearing a plain white short-sleeved t-shirt with the Nike swoosh on it, black basketball shorts, and a pair of black, white, and red retro 11s. I sigh, "Sadly, yes, I don't even know where our relationship is going anymore..." I put my thumb and my index finger on my forehead.

"I'm sorry about that..." He said, putting his hands in his pockets. "Nah, it ain't your fault!" I shake my head.

He holds his hand out, "You must be Armani, I'm Dante!"

"Oh, nice to meet you!" I gave him a firm handshake, Just then, Selina, the director approaches us, "Hey guys! So I see you two have met!" We nod our heads.

"Well, that's nice, so, you guys are married with one child, a three year old son, Armani, you are playing Dante's pregnant wife in this ad, Dante, you're playing her NBA player husband, which is very relatable since your about to enter the NBA!"

That name sounded really familiar, "Wait, Dante, who did you play for?" I asked him.

"University of San Francisco," he smiled. "Huh," I said crossing my arms. Dante is an acquaintance of Marcell, but I believe Marcell secretly despises him because were both projected #1 picks.

But, it also made me wonder how Dante had so much time on his hands and Marcell doesn't...

"There's not many lines, it's all actions, just make sure it's natural," with that she walks off.

"So where do you want to practice?" I asked him. He looks around, "We should go somewhere quiet, like, your dressin' room or somethin'."

I nod my head and lead him to my dressing room. I open the door and place my bag and phone on the table and sit on the couch.

"Hey, Dante, I have a question?" I ask him.

"Yup?" he takes a seat next to me. "How are you not super busy, you know, with the draft comin' up," I flip through the script. "There's no need, the work for us players is over, the only people that should be busy right now are the GMs, the players can just sit back and relax now!"

I frown, then what the hell has Marcell been doin'. I shake the thought out of my head.

"Well, then let's get started!" I clap my hands together and stand up.

"Okay!" Dante rubs his hands together and stands up as well.

"Hey baby," Dante reads his part of the script, "He-" I read the script over, "We're supposed to kiss?"

He shrugs, "Maybe if they switched it to a kiss on the cheek," I shrug, "I guess."

He starts over, "Hey baby," he kisses my cheek.

"Hey,"

"Blah, blah, blah...narrator stuff..." he says. I grin.

"We're supposed to be sitting on the couch," he says, "And I'm supposed take your hand and place it on my belly," I place his hand on my stomach. He gasps, "I felt the baby kick!" I look down at they he script. "That's not in the script," I say.

He shakes his head, "No, I felt your baby, kick!"

I smile, "Your lucky, this baby doesn't even kick for my real husband," he smiles, "Oh, I feel special!"

"Well, let's get back to the script," I laugh.

"Oh yeah, okay, now, I'm supposed to smile at you and kiss your forehead, then we're supposed to be in the dining room, eating food with 'our son'," he says. "Mhmm, and now we're supposed to be in the car with our son, you're driving, then another car comes speeding in front of us and you got to hit the brakes suddenly" I say. "Yup, I hold you back so your head doesn't hit the dashboard," I nods my head.

"I'm supposed to look into the back seat and ask the boy if he's okay,"

"Blah...blah...blah...more narrator stuff and we are done!"

I shrug, "That was easy!"