Wendell- The Not-So Goodbye #1

Sweets stared at his friends as they sat in the Royal Diner, knowing something was up.

"Okay, who died?" He asked, leaning back in his chair, straightening his tie. Everyone looked at him and laughed slightly, everyone except Wendell.

"No one died Sweets!" Angela chuckled.

"We are just a little bit sad." Booth finished, bouncing his knees a bit to make his daughter, Christine giggle. Brennan laughed and leaned her head on booths shoulder, watching Wendell carefully.

Wendell leaned back in his seat and stared out the window. She should of been there. But no. She was somewhere out there, driving to the airport or signing in.

The group resumed their conversation, making up for most of the noise in the diner.

Sweets watched Wendell stare out the window, his mind ticking over.

Did he know? Should he tell him? Did he tell her?

Sweets got up and saw Wendell turn his head and watch him with serious, intense blue eyes. Sweets motioned to him and Wendell nodded and got up, squeezing past Hodgins, Michael Vincent and Angela. Everyone nodded in acknowledgement and continued talking about the latest case that they had solved.

"What's up Doc?" He asked quietly when he reached the bar. Sweets leaned against it and placed his hands in his pockets.

"You never told her did you?" He asked, getting straight to the point. Wendell gave him a look of 'what do you think?' before turning and fiddling with a napkin.

"Dude, she's leaving. For New Zealand. For three years!" He exclaimed.

"I know! But I can't! She's my best friend..." Wendells voice carried off.

"Oh come on! She deserves to know! I know you argued before she left. And she tried to tell you something but you stormed out.."
"Okay okay!" Wendell almost yelled. Sweets sighed and sat down.

"She's pregnant." Wendell looked up suddenly.

"What?"
"Erin. Is. Pregnant." He said slowly. Wendyls eyes widened and suddenly he was out the door. The bell rang and everyone stood up suddenly.

"Where's he going?" Booth asked, sounding grumpy. Christine was looking out the window with her mother.

"Daddy look!" Booth turned in time to see Wendell jump in his car and jump start it.

"WENDELL!" Sweets chuckled from where he was, hoping Wendell would catch her in time.

****

Erin walked through the airport, her hand luggage on her back, ticket and passport in her left hand and her right hand cradling the tiny baby bump that had formed in her belly. She smiled and found a bench to sit on while waiting the two hours for boarding the plane.

Her thoughts went to her best friend. Wendell. They had argued and before she could tell him she was carrying a child, he stormed out of their house and never came back.

Putting her passport into her bag, she pulled her phone out and dialed his number.

"This is Wendell! Leave a message after the beep and I'll get back to you." Erin growled and hung up, placing her phone in her pocket. Going into her bag again, she pulled out The Hobbit and began to read it again from the beginning.

Erin didn't notice the time but when she heard the call for her plane, she was up and at it instantly. She hurried along until she heard someone call her name.

"Erin! Erin Davis?!" She turned around, her blonde hair bobbing in its ponytail.

"Wendell?!" She saw him in the crowd of people. He spotted her as well and begun pushing through the people before he reached her.

"Hey. I didn't think you'd come."
"I didn't think I'd come either but you know me. And Sweets said I should come."
"Well I'm glad." She pulled him into a hug and closed her eyes, relishing that this may be their last hug.

"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Tell you wha- Oh.. Yeah." She looked at her feet, watching as they danced over the hard floor.

"Come on, please stay." He muttered. She felt tears begin to well up but she blinked them away and looked up at him.

"I need to get on my plane Wendell. Goodbye." With a final hug, she turned and walked to the terminal.

Wendell stood facing the area she had once been. He hadn't even told her. He clenched his fists and squished his face together, debating on what to do.

Erin walked away and felt her body shudder slightly. She very much wanted to run around and kiss him, but she needed to go.

"I LOVE YOU ERIN!" Once again, half way to the ramp, she whipped around again and stared wide eyed back at Wendell, who was standing there with a big smile on his face. Huge smile.
Something inside Erin won and she ran back, everyone grumpily moving and even a couple of young mothers awweing them.

With a jump, she attacked Wendell with a hug and began to sob slightly.

"Do you mean it?" She sobbed happily. She felt his head nod and she pulled away and pressed her lips to his.

"I was wondering when you were going to say it."
"Oh.." She smiled and pressed her forehead to his.

"I love you too." She stated. He grinned and Erin knew that there was no chance of her leaving for New Zealand now.

Authors Note:

Hellloooo!!! Oh. My. Gosh. I haven't updated since Monday!

SHOCK HORROR!!!!!!

Hahaha, I know. I've been working on school and youth and this! Also on something elses as well ;)

You know the drill:

Name (yours not mine idiot)
Character (Booth, Bones, Sweets, Aubrey, Zac, Wendell, Vincent, Fisheretc)
Physical features (not the ones I don't want to know. Just hair, eyes, skin colour, thin, slim or fat)
Religion
Plot (what happens, NO SMUT)

~Bree