MSB- MHFTB Extra: Meeting His parents

It's been nearly a year since Kendall and Mizuki started dating. She was at home, lounging on her bed while watching anime on her phone. Her show was interrupted when she received a call from Mizuki. "It's was getting to the good part!" Kendall said and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Kendall, are you free tomorrow?" Mizuki asked. "Yeah, why?" Kendall asked. "Well... My parents are in town and they want to meet you." Mizuki said. "Huh?! They know that you and I are dating?" Kendall asked. "Yeah. They found that out when they asked me if I had a girlfriend and I mentioned you. Don't worry, they only just want to meet you." Mizuki said. "Sure. I would love to meet your parents." Kendall said. "Ok. Meet me at my work tomorrow in the afternoon." Mizuki said. "Got it." Kendall said and hung up.

The next day, she was getting herself ready to look presentable. "I wonder how his parents are. Hopefully they're not the strict types and they're just chill. I'm so nervous!" Kendall said.

She left her house and drove over to the Prime Minister's residence to go to the SP room. "Good afternoon!" Kendall said. "Hey Kendall- Whoa! What's with the get-up?" Sora asked. "I'm going to a special occasion." Kendall said. "What's the special occasion?" Subaru asked. "I'm going to meet Mizuki's parents." Kendall said. "Good luck with that." Kaiji said. "Thanks..." Kendall said. "Hold on, Kendall. I'm almost done." Mizuki said from across the room. "Ok... Take your time..." Kendall said. "Nervous?" Subaru asked. "A lot..." Kendall said. "Don't worry about it! Just be yourself!" Sora said. "Myself is weird..." Kendall admitted. "Would you rather be honest and have them see you for who you are or lie and have them find out later and have doubts about you?" Kaiji asked. "I would be honest... To be honest." Kendall said snickering. "Alright. I'm done. We can get going now, Kendall." Mizuki said. "Ok. Well... See you later, guys." Kendall said. The guys gave her a 'good luck' signal.

He took her to a restaurant where she will be meeting his parents. "Mizuki." Kendall said. "Yes?" Mizuki asked. "Are your parents not from around here?" Kendall asked. "No, they're from Shibuya and travel often." Mizuki said. "Oh..." Kendall said in awe.

They checked into the restaurant and tried to find his parents. "What if they don't like me? Then what would I do?" Kendall thought. "Kendall, they're over there." Mizuki said leading her.

They were heading towards a table and saw a couple that she did not expect to look like. "Are you sure those are your parents?" Kendall asked. "Why would I not recognize my own parents?" Mizuki asked. "Are you serious..?" Kendall asked. "They look so young! His mom is gorgeous and his dad... Wow! His dad... He's a DLIF!" Kendall thought.

They sat at the same table as his parents. "Mizuki, long time, no see." His mom said. "Yeah. It's been a while." Mizuki said. "Is this your girlfriend?" His dad asked. "Yes. My name is Kendall Ferreira. It's nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Fujisaki." Kendall said reaching out her hand. "It's nice to meet you too, Kendall." His dad said shaking her hand. "Oh my! You're so beautiful!" His mom said shaking her hand. "Thank you very much." Kendall said. "Oh thank god they're nice!" Kendall thought.

"Kendall is from America." Mizuki said. "Oh, really? We have been there a lot. What made you decide to move to Japan?" His dad asked. "I just wanted to start a new life here when I graduated high school." Kendall said. "How did you two meet?" His mom asked.

She looked at Mizuki, unknowing how to answer. "She was a client of mine and it went on from there." Mizuki said. "I see. Does he talk about animals often?" His mom asked. "Mother..." Mizuki said. "He talks about them all the time. He always gives me new information on animals. It's very interesting that he knows a lot about them." Kendall said. "He's always had a love for animals." His dad said. "I do also." Kendall said. "What would all of your like to order?" Mizuki asked trying to change the subject.

After ordering their food and eating it all, they were paying for their bill. "Before you go, we would like to say something." His dad said. "Mizuki... We're sorry." His mom said.

Kendall looked up at Mizuki, seeing he had a shocked expression. "We knew that you didn't like being a celebrity and made the choice for you. We should've let you follow your own dreams." His mom said. "I know you must be angry at us for that..." His dad said. "No... I'm not. I forgive you." Mizuki said. "I know that if he didn't become a celebrity and went through hardships, he wouldn't be the Mizuki he is today." Kendall said. "Kendall..?" Mizuki asked. "I'm not sure how things would turn out if he did pursue his own dreams and was doing something else, but since he went through that, he became his own person and met wonderful people in his line of work. We probably wouldn't have met if he went in the other direction in life. There's no need to apologize for your past actions, Mr. and Mrs. Fujisaki. Mizuki told me once that you can't change the past and to accept whatever happens and move forward. I learned so much from him and I know he's learned so much from me. We make each other happy." Kendall said.

The three were stunned by her speech. "You found yourself a wonderful girl, Mizuki." His dad said. "We can tell that she really cares about you." His mom said. "Kendall..." Mizuki said. "I made things awkward! That speech just slipped out!" Kendall thought. "Kendall, please take good care of our son. Do the same, Mizuki." His mom said. "We couldn't ask for anyone better that's suited for him." His dad said. "I promise Mr. and Mrs. Fujisaki!" Kendall said. "Mother... Father... Thank you. I will always take care of Kendall, because I love her." Mizuki said. "And I love you too." Kendall responded. "It's satisfying to know our son is in good hands." His dad said. "Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to meet with us." His mom said. "I should be thanking you for wanting to meet me. I enjoyed it." Kendall said. "It was nice meeting you, Kendall." His dad said. "Please continue to make each other happy." His mom said. "We will." Kendall said. "Yeah..." Mizuki said.

Leaving the restaurant, he let out a sigh. "Are you ok?" Kendall asked. "It surprised me that they apologized for that." Mizuki said. "I know they feel bad for setting you up at a young age, but now they want what makes you happy." Kendall said. "At first, I thought all they cared about was me making money, but... They do care." Mizuki said. "Of course they do! Also... It's no wonder you're so good looking." Kendall said. "What?" Mizuki asked. "Your mom is gorgeous and your dad is... Handsome. It's no wonder why you look so good." Kendall said.

He looked away blushing. "Don't tease me..." Mizuki said. "I'm telling the truth! But... I didn't fall in love with you only because of your looks. I like your personality way more." Kendall said. "You keep mentioning that I'm a dork..." Mizuki said. "Because you are and I love that about you! You're funny, smart, kind, considerate, and just overall an amazing person." Kendall said. "Kendall..." Mizuki said pulling her in an embrace. "Always be by my side."

She nodded and hugged him back. "I will." He tilted her chin to have her face him. "That speech you gave... Thank you." Mizuki said. "You're welcome..." Kendall said. He pulled her face closer to his and their lips met.