Chapter 3

~Katherine Pov~

I am so confused. I’m still sitting in the kitchen with Thomas. He keeps telling me how much I changed. I do not even remember having a brother. Hell I don’t even remember what my mom and dad look like. I don’t know why but I just can’t. I guess it was cause when Billy had taken me I thought I would never leave. Thomas is a very strange man. He sat across from the table with me. Every time I looked up he was smiling looking at me. I just wanted to get away from him he creped me out. Every time I went to speak he would cut me off by saying something to Alex. It be something that me and Thomas would do when we were younger. He just had the goofiest smile ever. He said he was twenty three that’s only five years older than me. So he was eleven when I was taken. Where was he? Where was I? Where was my mom and dad?

“David.” I whispered looking down at my hands. I trusted this old man for some reason. I can’t help but trust him when he is so nice. All I want to do is sleep and since I can’t ask Alex or Thomas. I should ask David.

“Yes Kat.” He said loud making everyone stop talking and look at me. I gulped down hate to be put on the spot. I hate being looked at period. I just hate being me. I hate lots of things. I hate psychos’ like Billy. I hate people that bully people. I hate abusive people. I hate people that rape. I hate people that kill people on purpose. I just can’t come to terms to liking them. Why does the world not just the world but the people have to be so crude. Why can’t everything be peaceful? Everyone loves each other and get along. Not people going out kidnapping them or abusining or any other thing that has to harm people. If the world was a better place. People would be happy not have to worry about anything but there family. I don’t want anyone to go through what I went through. People out there probably went through worse. I know I am being kind of selfish because there is in fact a person having gone through worse. But all I can say to those people out there is Stay Strong. You can handle it. It might be ruff right now but it will get a little better. Look at me I’m out of Billy ways and in a random house with a mate who has a son and is married. But that doesn’t matter because I might not get harmed now. All I know is that I have to tell Alex and his dad about it soon. They want to know. If I don’t tell I am sure Aubree will and she was only there for at least a day and a half.

“Ma-May I go upstairs to sleep please?” I asked him. It’s weird asking people what I can do. Usually I am told what to do. I can’t ask question and only suppose to speak one word answers. So of course I will stutter when I have to speak not all the time. I just feel uncomfortable with about six pairs of eyes on me.

“Did the food taste that bad you are not eating it?” He questioned. I instantly felt bad maybe I should have stuffed myself to make him feel better.

“No it was delicious. I am just stuffed.” I told him while looking at blue coffee mug in front of me.

“You barely touched your food though Katherine.” He stated with a frown.

“I know and I am sorry it was very good. Thank you.” I said.

“Okay anyway Katherine. What would you like to do? Let Thomas check up on you then you tell all of us the story. Or would you like story first then check up. We can even let you tell the story while your check up.” Alex said as he rest his hands on Jenny hip squeezing it.