Chapter 6

Eventually Allison and Andrew came back to the library each carrying three cans of coke. Allison came over to Bender and me giving us a can each, while Andrew gave the other two their cans. I get off Bender and sit on my own seat next to him, I notice that an emotion flashes across his face but is gone before I had time to read it.

'What's in there?' Bender asks Claire as she brings out her lunch.

'Guess,' Claire says, 'where's your lunch?'

Bender turned to me causing Claire to follow suit, 'she's wearing it,' he says smirking at me. I smile back at him while rolling my eyes.

I watch as Claire sets up her sushi platter, 'What's that?' Bender asks.

'Sushi.' She answers.

'Sushi?' Bender questions, obviously never having heard of it before.

'Rice, raw fish and seaweed.' She explains.

I scrunch up my face in disgust and notice that Bender is doing the same.

'You won't accept a guy's tongue in your mouth, and you're gonna eat that?' I ask her.

'Can I eat?' Claire says with a sigh.

'I don't know, give it a try.' Bender says.

Then we both turn to watch what Andrew has. Andrew places three sandwiches on the table, as well as a big bag of potato chips, a bag of cookies and a milk carton. He was putting the bag down when he stopped and took out a banana and apple. Man that guys stomach must be an endless pit.

'What's your problem?' Andrew asks us, seeing that we had been staring at him with shocked expressions on our faces.

'Our problem, have you seen your lunch?' I ask.

Then I hear a loud crunching noise behind me, I turn to see Allison eating a sandwich filled with Cap'n Crunch, as she took a bite out of the sandwich she noticed that we were staring and started chewing loudly.

Bender gets up and walks over to Brian sitting down next to him, folding his hands on the desk, 'What are we having?'

'Uh, it's you standard, regular lunch, I guess,' Brian answers.

Bender goes into Brian's lunch bag and pulls out a thermos, 'milk?'

'Soup,' Brian corrects him.

Bender puts the thermos on the table, and goes into the bag again. While Bender was grabbing something Brian reaches over to the bag just to get his hand slapped by Bender. Bende pulls out a juice box, and looks at it.

'That's apple juice.' Brian tells him.

'I can read!' Bender snaps at him, while pulling the last thing out of the bag, 'PB and J with the crusts cut off. Well Brian, this is a very nutritious lunch, all the food groups are represented. Did your mom marry Mr Rogers?'

'Uh, no, Mr Johnson.' Brian says, I roll my eyes at how dump Brian is sometimes.

'Ah,' Bender nods standing up, 'here's my impression of life at big Bri's house!' he says as he walks until he is standing between the tables towards the back. He cups his mouth and calls 'Son!' in a loud friendly voice.

'Yeah dad?' Bender says doing Brian's voice and poking his cheeks.

'How's your day, pal?' he cupped his mouth.

'Great dad, how's yours?'

'Super. Say son, how'd you like to go fishing this weekend?' Bender says pretending he is fishing.