Chapter 8

'It's nothing, don't worry about.' I say.

'What happened?' he repeats, I shake my head. 'Tell me what happened now Mel!' he growls.

'You wouldn't believe an ex-psychiatric patient.' I reply.

'I will now please tell me,' he asks, his face softening.

'Vermin, he, he hit me.' I whisper.

'He WHAT!'

'He hit...' I start to repeat.

'No I heard you, but how dare he hit you! We have to tell people.' He insists.

'No one would believe someone like me,' I tell him

'Why where you in there?' he questions, I know he is asking about the psychiatric ward, I pause thinking about my answer. Just as I open my mouth to reply the other decide to join us. So I lip to him that I will tell him later.

*-*-*-

I hadn't been high for so long, I had forgotten how good it felt, it was indescribable. I watch as Brian makes a funny face causing me and Bender to laugh. By now everyone was high, except for Allison. I watch as Bender lit his match with his teeth I was amazed by it.

'You know staring's not polite.' Bender tells me, I roll my eyes before taking a hit. I lean in close to Benders face blowing the smoke into his face. I watch as Claire takes a hit before coughing.

'Chicks, cannot hold der smoke! That's what it is!' Brian says in a funny voice. I laugh at his voice and look over at Bender and see that he is staring at me.

'Staring's not polite.' I taunt at him, I take the blunt out of my mouth and put in Bender's mouth. He goes to lift his hands, 'No, I'll hold it for you.' I take the blunt away from his lips. Then I kiss Bender taking the smoke out of his mouth. Once we had finished kissing I blow out the remaining smoke.

'Do you know how popular I am?' Claire asks everyone, 'I'm so popular everybody loves me so much at this school.'

Bender looks away from me and turns to Claire, 'Poor baby,' he laughs.

I take another hit while Brian puts his hand out for a high five, however he falls over before Bender can high five him this caused everyone to laugh at him.

I see Andrew coming out of the foreign languages room with a blunt in his hand. He takes a hit before flicking away the blunt. Then to my surprise he starts dancing. Andrew unzips his sweater before running down the aisle, then did a flip and throwing his sweater away before continuing down the aisle. He then does some more flips and rolls before jumping on top of a seat, he rips off his white shirt to reveal a blue tank top underneath. Brian whistles while the rest of us clap. After doing a few final stunts and some crazy dancing Andrew heads back into the smoky room shutting the door. He then screams loudly causing the glass to shatter.

'Fucking hell.' I say to Bender.

*-*-*-

Claire and I were looking through Bender's wallet as he brushed his teeth using one of Claire's eyebrow brushes. Claire flips through the pictures of girls that he kept in there, I feel jealousy burning threw me. I knew it was clear now that I like bender, I liked him a lot. I should have guessed Bender was like this but it still hurt.

'Are all these your girlfriends?' Claire asks.

Bender puts the brush down, 'some of them,' he answers.

'What about the others?' she questions, as I lay down on the table and close my eyes to sleep.

'Well, some I consider my girlfriends and others I just... consider.' He says, I smell perfume in the air so I guess Bender is looking through Claire's beauty products.