Chapter 4: Impending Doom

Rosalina slowly put her wand back into her pocket, and the protection dome vanished. Everyone spread out into the room, taking deep breathes, as it was very cramped in the dome. Everyone looked as if they've just lost their closest friends and family, which just happened. Daisy ran over to where the portal just was and started to tear up. Bowser Jr. sobbed about his Papa. Yoshi started to whimper because he lost the baby he raised.

"They're gone, forever.", Daisy cried.

Toadsworth quickly waddled his way over to Rosalina.

"Princess Rosalina!", he yelled, "Where did they go? I will not let the Princess be taken away from this kingdom!"

Rosalina was speechless. She knew every last detail about that scepter, and what it had done to the victimized dimensions the first time it happened long ago.

"Where did my papa go?", Bowser Jr. worriedly asked her.

"Will I ever see Mario and Luigi again?", asked Yoshi running toward her.

"What did that scepter just do?", asked the Cyan Sprixie.

Everyone surrounded the Princess of the Cosmos, blabbing all kinds of questions about what just happened. Everywhere she looked she saw a concerned face, only inches away from hers, and she couldn't stop thinking of what happened to the last dimensions that suffered form the Vortexnes's power...She couldn't take all of this pressure.

"ENOUGH!", she shouted. Everyone stumbled back, surprised of her loud tone. She hovered up to the podium, and began to speak, "Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Bowser have been cast away to another dimension, a dimension where this whole universe is reversed, so the Mushroom Kingdom would be a dark and evil place, and Bowser's territory would be a beautiful kingdom.", she explained.

"So what your saying is, a dimension where Princess Peach is the villain, and Bowser is a hero?", asked the Orange Sprixie.

"Yes.", she replied "There is an opposite version of everyone in that dimension, but each dimension can only handle of one of each person in it. So since Mario is in the same dimension as opposite Mario, our dimension will be confused and try to retrieve Mario, and will move toward the opposite dimension, and this is a worse predicament because their are two Marios, Luigis, Peaches, and Bowsers, so our dimension is traveling four times more of it's natural speed, and eventually, the two dimensions will collide."

"What will happen when the dimensions collide?", asked Toadsworth.

Rosalina, didn't have the guts to reply. Seeing this, E. Gadd continued, "According to scientific research,", the professor explained pulling out his Dual Scream, "The two dimensions would-" He stopped to look at the Dual Scream, completely dumbfounded. Rosalina knew the deathly disclosure he had seen.

"The two dimensions would what?", asked Daisy, who was on the edge of her seat.

E. Gadd gulped, "The dimensions would collide, causing a giant supernova that no one could survive. Then, the gaint new dimension would collapse on its own mass, and turn into a black whole, causing both dimensions to disappear completely.",

Everyone started to panic. Everyone darted around the hall screaming, including the Toad servers, and some Sprixies fainted. Soon their whole lives would be destroyed.

"But,", everyone paused and quickly turned their heads to Rosalina. She continued, "If the four return home before the collision, the dimensions should return to their normal positions."

"Really? How do we do that?", asked Toad with hope in his eyes.

"I, well, um, ..., there's no known way to travel through dimensions, without the Vortexnes.", she embarrassingly responded.

"So what you're saying is that if we don't find a way to get those four back here, we're doomed?", asked the Green Sprixie. Rosalina sighed and nodded her head. With that, everyone continued to run around panicking. E. Gadd faceplamed his face.

"Everyone please settle down,", Rosalina stated, "I am sure that if we think of an idea to save our dimension, we'll be able to resolve this issue." Everyone decided to calm down and sit.

"Maybe we can create our own sort of Vortexnes.", suggested Toadsworth.

"The original Vortexnes took over a decade to create.", replied Rosalina.

"How long do we have until the collision?", asked the Yellow Sprixie.

E. Gadd pushed buttons on his Dual Scream. He replied "According to mathematical and scientific calculations, we have 34 Earth days before the dimension collision." Everyone started to panic again.

"Who even created this stupid Vortexnes thingy anyway?", asked the Purple Sprixie. Everyone looked at Rosalina with the same question. Her heart skipped a beat even thinking about that demon who tore apart her childhood.

Rosalina sighed, "The creator of the Vortexnes is a dimension demon, known as Dimentio. He created it and used it as a weapon, and tricked someone into activating it. The last time he used it, the two dimensions were completely gone with no remains. They faded out of existence" She floated down to a chair and sat down, trying to look like her confident self.

Toadsworth walked up to the podium, with a dumbfounded look on his face.
"I believe this meeting is over, please do not speak about what you have witnessed. You may now return to your kingdoms or areas,", he sighed, "and, well, have a nice day." He walked down the steps and headed towards his headquarters, as he had just lost what was his closest thing to a daughter.

Everyone headed towards the exit with a scarred look in their faces, except for Rosalina. She sat there quietly, knowing what was bound to happen in the near future. That name was deep in her mind now, and it was all she could think about... Dimentio...

Hi everyone! If you're reading this, thank you for reading the first four chapters of my story. Please like and comment, because I really want your feedback! There are many more chapters coming in the future. Now go fourth and continue being awesome.