Chapter 5: Queen Toadstool

DAY 1: JULY 23

"Follow me, for this castle is the same as the one back at home.", stated the Princess as she walked through the door.

The trio of heroes walked down the many corridors of the familiar yet dark castle. The hole building was scorching, as it was in the center of a pool of lava.

"It's really creepy in here, it reminds me of my mansion.", remarked Luigi, looking around the clean but frightening hallways, filled with marble statues of poison mushrooms.

"Shh!", Mario hushed Luigi, "There are most likely some of those Toad guards keeping watch over the castle, and the last thing we need is to be imprisoned."

The three walked into the main entrance room. They looked down to the main level, to see the main door to the castle guarded my two Toads dressed in black, armed with swords.

"How are we going to get out of here when there are guards watching the whole castle?", Luigi asked. There was a moment of silence as they tried to think of a plan.

"I've-a-got it!", whispered Mario, "The Toad guard would have to respect their leader's wishes, right?" The two others nodded.                                                                                                                                                                "Since this is the opposite version of the Mushroom Kingdom, then "Evil Peach" must be the monarch.", Mario explained, "And I'm sure Evil Peach looks identical to Normal Peach, so she could go anywhere she wanted without being a trespasser."

Peach continued, "And you two must be villains here too, so all three of us must be respected here." Mario and Luigi agreed.

"Alright then, remember we're villains, so we have to act evil. Now, lets-a-go.", explained Mario. With that, the three "villains" walked down the right staircase, walking in a ridiculous and over-dramatic way, as they were pretending to be evil.

The two guards looked at the three horrible actors, and gave each other a strange look.

"GUARDS!!", Peach yelled in an attempted evil voice. The guards held their heads up, not even daring to look at their supposed queen in the eye. "OPEN THE DOORS FOR US!!", she continued. The two Toads quickly grabbed the handles, and held the two big doors open. The three started to walk out. Peach followed the two brothers, but accidentally stepped on the left guard's foot.

"Oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry!!", Peach sorrowed, breaking character. The guard gave Peach a very strange look, for the actual queen would never apologize to a guard.

Clip-Clop-Clip-Clop. The sound of high heels echoed through the castle.

"My dear,", stated a sweet and sour voice state from the upper level, "Don't give your condolences to a mere soldier, for they are just peasants in fancy clothing."

The two Toads all of a sudden looked extremely puzzled. The three imposters didn't dare turn back to the voice, they could already tell who it was.

"Who are you and why are you strolling around in my palace", the voice asked. Mario, Luigi, and Peach slowly turned around, to see Queen Toadstool standing behind the rail with an outraged expression.  Peach and Toadstool were shocked when they saw each other. They thought they were looking into a mirror, except this mirror showed their opposite selves. What peach saw was a herself in a purple dress with a pointy crown and a red diamond on her chest. Toadstool saw a pink abomination of a dress with disgusting blonde hair. She looked over to the two plumbers on either side of the princess, whom she recognized as her two rude henchmen, Mr. M and Mr. L.