Chapter 9: Dr. Elvin

Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser walked though a large field with many flowers. They were on their way to Prof. E. Gadd's laboratory, which was a risky move. Since everything is reversed, they don't know the alternate E. Gadd's personality

"The forest shouldn't be far from here.", remarked Luigi.

"Luigi, so help me if I get trapped in a painting again, I'm blaming you.", said Mario, recalling his last two unwelcoming visits.

"I remember that giant Boo possessed my body, it was really freaky.", said Bowser.

"I miss a lot when I'm not kidnapped.", remarked Peach.

They finally came upon a large and alluring forest. The leaves were a very bright green with colorful birds circling their nests. In the distance they spotted a silhouette of a large mansion.

"Wow, E. Gadd has done some serious landscaping", said Luigi.

They walked through the beautiful forest , stumbling upon wigglers and bramballs. They finally walked through the gate into the large front yard. The mansion's structure was the same, except it was painted white, and had an emblem of his face, labeled "GADD SCIENCE INC."

"This version of E. Gadd must be very organized.I remember his old lab had machine parts and sciency-things all over the place.", Luigi said.

They walked down a paved trail with wooden signs saying "KEEP OUT", "BEWARE", and "CONTINUE WALKING IF YOU HAVE A TERRIBLE LIFE".

"Guys, considering the display of signs, I don't think we should go in.", Luigi said backing away from the group.

"Luigi, we have no other options. We have to get back home, no matter what.", remarked Mario.

They walked up the steps to a large white porch. They walked onto a large doormat, at Luigi pushed the doorbell.

"Wow, this is such a huge doorma-", before Peach could finish, the doormat split in two, causing the four to drop through a trap door. They fell and fell a long way until they landed in a clean but smelly cage. It was very cramped because of Bowser's large size. They all groaned in pain.

"What the heck just happened?!?!", yelled the bruised Bowser.

"I'll tell you fools what happened.", snarled a cooky voice, "Despite my warnings, you trespassed on my territory, so you received the consequence."

"Reveal yourself!", shouted Mario. Professor E. Gadd stepped into the light, but this was his reversed self, so he looked different. His white hair was combed, and his glasses had square-shaped lenses. He wore a beige lab coat with a black shirt underneath. He also wore fancy dress shoes.

"Oh my word, we have some very special guests today, the two infamous thieves, the evil Queen, and the president. Why did you decide to stop by my laboratory?", he asked.

Mario replied, "Professor E. Gadd we-"

"IT'S DOCTOR ELVIN!!", he yelled.

"Sorry sir, um, Dr. Elvin, we aren't who you think we are.", replied the slightly annoyed Mario.

"Then who are you? Some sort of reversed version of the people that I am familiar with that are from another dimension?", he smirked. The four astonished prisoners stared at him. He quickly dropped his smirk.

"Don't tell me that my fictional theory is true.", he replied.

"Actually doctor, what you said is the exact situation we are currently in.", said Peach. Dr. Elvin's mouth was agape. He quickly ran over to the cage and released his interdimensional prisoners.

"Please have a seat on my sofa. The three humans sat on the green couch. When Bowser sat, he snapped the legs of the couch.

Dr. Elvin sighed, "I can buy a new one. Anyway... HOW THE HECK CAN THIS BE POSSIBLE?!?!?!"

Mario replied, "Have you ever heard of the Vortexnes?"

Dr. Elvin responded,"I've heard myths and fables about a demon creating a scepter that creates a portal to a dimension where everything is reversed. Oh, is that how you arrived here?" The four nodded.

Dr. Elvin replied, "What idiot activated it?"

"I WAS DESPERATE, OKAY!!!!", yelled the embarrassed Bowser.

"Desperate enough to end the universe?", Dr. Elvin asked.

Bowser sighed, "I didn't mean for this to happen

Dr. Elvin sighed, "Oi, you foolish fools."

"That's actually what we wanted to ask you. Is there some sort of machine you can use to return us to our dimension before it's too late?", asked Peach.

"Not currently, but with the right tools, I'm sure I can whip something up.", he replied.

Peach continued, "But, I'm sure that the Vortexnes took a very long time to create, and we only have a little over a month before everything ends. Will you be able to-"

"Sweetie, with my advanced technological abilities, I'm sure I can make something work.", he replied cutting her off, "But only with the right factors."

"What are those factors?", asked Mario while trying to revive Luigi. Luigi finally woke up, but was still terrified.

Dr. Elvin pulled a mini computer out of his coat pocket, "According to calculations, you will need the nine Viscal Orbs, a Grand star, the Red Diamond, Double Cherries, a Yogan hair, Orange Ivy, and the caps of Mr. M and Mr. L."

Luigi fainted.

"We have to retrieve every single one of those things?!?!", asked the worried Bowser, "There's no way we can get all of those things in time."

"You will if you start tomorrow. From what I infer, you four have been through a lot during your vacation time here, so I'll be a nice person, for once, and let you stay here during your quest. Then tomorrow I can teleport you to the different locations that the objects are positioned at.", Dr. Elvin explained.

Peach got up and quickly hugged him, "We can't thank you enough for your generosity."

"Sweetie, I'm just trying not to be destroyed in a dimensional collision.", he harshly replied, "Oh! I almost forgot!" He ran toward a shelf of a variety of different machines. He looked though them, and quickly pulled out a large spherical contraption with a screen.

Dr. Elvin explained,"This is a device that I created back in the day. It allows people to video chat between dimensions. I think I talked with myself from your dimension once. I remember him looking like that scientist from Return to the Time Ahead. That was a great movie by the way."

"Shut up and turn it on!", said Bowser. The five huddled around the device. Dr. Elvin flipped a switch on the device, and the screen started to flash...