Duet

Luke

I truly felt bad for how Mack has been treated on twitter, her fans aren't supposed to treat her like shit. But they have, and its tearing Mack down, and somehow I'm the only person who sees through her lies. I thought her band mates knew her?

After almost nine and a half excruciating hours on a tour bus with four noisy girls, we finally reached our next venue. The girls were screaming, and when I say screaming I mean it, they were screaming one direction lyrics.

"They don't know about up all nights,

they don't know ive waited all my life,

just to find a love like this!" They all had to sing off key didn't they?

"Girls! Shut up and come on!" Mr. Vortex yelled, walking onto the tour bus. The singing instantly stopped, and the giggles subsided. One by one they all appeared from the back of the tour bus.

"Sorry Mr. Vortex.." Kaya trailed. After all the girls apologized, Mr. Vortex smiled.

"Just go find Stacy and get ready to sing your little hearts out." He encouraged. The girls squealed, and instantly rushed out of the tour bus.

"Thank you!" I breathed, bending down like I was out of breath.

"You should be getting ready too, Luke."

With that, I nodded and headed off into the venue as well. I walked down the never ending hallways, and finally found a dressing room with my name on it. I let out a grunt of accomplishment before entering. Inside was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I stood, staring as she put together my outfit, still not noticing my presence. I cleared my throat, shaking out of my daze.

"Where's Mary?" Was the first thing I said. Great way to start. Way to go Luke.

"She retired so now, I will be your stylist." Her voice was like a melody, but not as nice as Mack's.

"Oh. Well, what's your name, love?" I asked, giving my signature smile. I already knew she was American by the way she talked, she had a tiny bit of an Aussie ascent, which made me think she was living somewhere in Australia.

"My names Mackenzie." My smile dropped, I just totally lost interest in her. I knew I couldn't go a day without comparing her to Mack.

"Oh." Was all I said, as I grabbed my clothes, Mackenzie stood there watching. I gave her a look, and she caught on, turning around. I striped fastly, and pulled on the skinny jeans, white t-shirt, and my vans. "I'm done, you can turn around."

Mackenzie turned around, and gave me a slight smile. "Time for some hair and I guess a little make-up.." she trailed.

I sat down in the chair, and let her style my hair into my normal hair style. But she left it flat. She did my little make-up that I wore, nothing much because I'm a guy.

Three knocks on my door confirmed that it was time for me to go on stage. "Good luck!" Mackenzie yelled after me. I ignored her, and went on stage.

"Hello Melbourne! Whose ready to party?"

--

After Mack had sang her third song, she gave me a look.

Me and Mack wrote the rest of her song, and we were going to preform it. I grabbed my guitar, and walked on stage, the screams got louder. Kaya, Michelle, and Macy walked off and I sat down next to Mack. She gave me a slight smile. "Hi." she whispered.

"Hi."

"Melbourne! We are going to preform a duet that me and Luke wrote!" Mack didn't get to finish before the screams got loud. "Enjoy."

I started to strum my guitar.

"This is an anthem for the homesick, For the beaten, The lost, The broke, The defeated,
A song for the heartsick
For the standby's
Living life in the shadow of a goodbye." I started off.

"Do you remember when we learned how to fly?
We play make believe
We were young and had time on our side
You're stuck on the ground
Got lost, can't be found
Just remember that you're still alive." Mack smiled at me.

"I'll carry you home
No your not alone
Keep marching in
This is worth fighting for
You know we've all got battle scars

You've had enough
But just don't give up
Stick to your guns
You are worth fighting for
You know we've all got battle scars
Keep marching on." We sang together.

"This is a call to all the soldiers
The fighters, the young, the righteous
We've got a little room to grow
Better days are near
Hope is so much stronger then fear." I belted.

"So if you jump kid don't be scared to fall
Well, we'll be kinds and queens in this dream
All for one, one for all
You can light up the dark
There's a fire in your heart
Burning brighter then ever before" she also belted.

"I'll carry you home
No your not alone
Keep marching on
This is worth fighting for
You know we've all got battle scars

You've had enough
But just don't give up
Stick to your guns
You are worth fighting for
You know we've a got battle scars
Keep marching on." We both sang.

"On and on
Like we're living on a broken record
Hope is strong
But miserys a little quicker
Sit and we wait and we drown there
Thinking why I bother play when it's unfair
They say life's a waste
I say the lack believe
They tell me luck with travel
I tell them that's why I've got feet
Left, right
Left, right
Moving along, to the pulse of a heartbeat
This could be the last chance you have to fly
Do you like the ground?
Want it to pass you by?
Then you had it all
When you were just a kid
Do you even remember who you were back then?
What do you want in life?
Would you be twice as strong?
What would you sacrifice?
What are you waiting on?
Don't stop
March on" I sang quickly.

"I'll carry you home
No your not alone
Keep marching on
This is worth fighting for
You know we've all got battle scars" Mack sang.

"You've had enough
But just don't give up
Stick to your guns
You are worth fighting for
You know we've all got battle scars
Keep marching on" I sang.

"Keep marching on." We both spoke, and waved to the crowd.

"That's a wrap on this concert guys! We had an amazing time! See you all soon!" Then we ran off stage.

"That was bloody amazing!" Macy yelled.

"Thanks." Me and Mack said at the same time. Mack smiled at me, and squealed. I opened my arms, and she dove, wrapping her arms around my waist.

It was good having my best friend back.