Chapter 19:

I yawned as rolled over. Maxon was still sleeping, and I didn't want to wake him up. He looked younger while he was asleep. I remembered last night, how he defended me in front of Daphne. And how she confessed her love for him to us.
"America?" Maxon said. We were facing eachother and lying in bed, and I had been lost in thought for a second. "Is everything ok?"
"Yeah, I was just thinking about last night." I said. Maxon put his hand on my cheek and kissed me on the forehead.
"I'm sorry you had to see that. I wish that no one would ever insult you again. But, that's not realistic. So, we're both going to put on a smile, and enjoy our honeymoon in the city of love. Promise me you won't let Daphne's words get to you." I smiled at Maxon warmly, and he returned it.
"I promise." I said, putting my head on Maxon's chest. I could feel the light thump that was his heart beating.
"You hear that?" Maxon said.
"Your heart?" I asked.
"Yes. Every time my heart beats, it beats for you. I love you."
"I love you too." I smiled at him. Maxon always knew how to cheer me up. "We should probably get ready for breakfast. It's my turn to surprise you today." I smiled slyly.
"But it made plans for us." Maxon said.
"Drop them. I have something way better." I stayed up for a few hours last night, planning for today. Maxon gave me so much, and I wanted to give back.
"Good morning, Maxon. America." The Queen greeted us cheerfully as we walked into the dining room. Daphne was nowhere to be found.
"Excuse Daphne." The King laughed. "She likes to sleep in." I faked a smile and finished my breakfast. I took Maxon's arm and we walked up to our room together.
"We're going to have the best day yet." I said, excited. I grabbed my purse and led Maxon to the car.
"Where are we going?" Maxon asked.
"It's a surprise." I said, smiling slyly. As we got to our destination, I wrapped my scarf around Maxon's eyes so he couldn't see. I led him to the wooden boat, and stepped in after him. I took off the blindfold, and Maxon looked around wildly.
"This is the Seine!" Maxon exclaimed as the boat started moving down the river.
"Yes, it is." I said. I moved closer to Maxon and he moved closer to me. We rode under a bridge, and it was time for phase two of my plan. I took my guitar out of my bag and started playing it.
"Maxon, that night in Italy when you sung to me was magical. And now it's my turn to sing to you. I started playing louder. "Wise men say, Only fools rush in, But I can't help falling in love with you." Maxon was grinning from ear to ear. "Shall I stay? Would it be a sin? For I can't help falling in love with you." The boat drifted underneath another bridge. It was the same bridge with the love locks, and I could see our golden lock shining in the sunlight. I started singing again. "Take my hand, Take my whole life too, For I can't help falling in love with you." I finished strumming and Maxon almost tackled me. He kissed all over my face and hands, and then, my lips. There were people staring, and I didn't care. It was just like the moment we got engaged. I wanted the whole world to know that I loved Maxon. Maxon pulled me to him so our foreheads were touching.
"I love you,  America Schreave. I love you." He whispered. He gave me the faintest whisper of a kiss, then pulled away.
"I love you, Maxon Schreave. I love you." I whispered back. My heart was fluttering in my chest, and I wanted to stay in that position forever. But soon enough, the boat ride was over, and we had to get in the car to go to our next destination. I blindfolded Maxon again, and we got to where we needed to be. I took the blindfold off of Maxon, and we both looked up at the Eiffel Tower.
"It's so tall." Maxon exclaimed.
"Let's climb it!" I said as I dragged Maxon to the tower. We climbed up flight after flight of stairs, until we reached the balcony where everything was set up. It was time for phase three. There was a CD player and a table set for two, just like I asked. We both sat down at the table and gaped down at what was Paris from so far up in the sky.
"Wow." That's all I could get out.
"Wow is right. It's so..... so amazing." Maxon said.
"Bon appetit." Said the waiter, who broke me out of my trance. There were two silver platters with some strange food on them. It looked like.....
"Snails?" I asked. Maxon, looking a bit scared, nodded.
"It's escargot. A traditional French delicacy." He said expertly.  Before, I told the cook to make the special of the day at the restaurant he worked at. I didn't know it was snails.
"I'm sorry, Maxon." I hung my head. Maxon lifted my chin up and smiled.
" There's nothing to be sorry about. This is a chance to try new things." I smiled back at him.
"Ok then, Mr. Try New Things. You try the escargot first, then." I laughed as Maxon picked up his fork with a scared expression on his face.
"Ok, here goes." Maxon stabbed a snail with his fork and quickly brought it to his mouth. There was a pained expression, the surprise, then discust. He spit the snail out into his napkin and downed his glass of water.
"That," Maxon began. "was gross." He spit into his napkin once more, then put it to the side.
"Excusez-moi , pouvons-nous avoir quelque chose à manger?" Maxon said to the cook.
"Oui oui! L' escargot était une blague." The cook laughed. He brought in two more silver platters, this time, they had soufflés on them. Mine was delicious; it was cooked to perfection. After lunch, we got up and I turned the CD player on. The song was Like I'm Gonna Loose You by Meghan Trainor and John Legend. It was super old; it came out in like, 2015. We danced through more songs until it was time to go. We got into the car to drive to our final destination. This time, I didn't blindfold Maxon. We got out of the car, and the 50 metre tall arch was impossible to miss.
"The Arc de Triomphe." Maxon whispered. It was huge! We took a bunch of pictures, then left for the palace. We had supper and played board games in our room because it was raining outside.
"Yes! I win again!" Maxon exclaimed. He had beat me in chess every game, and it was starting to get old.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Let's watch a movie!" I ran over to the couch in front of the TV and got underneath a blanket. I flipped through the channels, and we ended up watching a movie called Soul Surfer. It was about a thirteen year old girl who was a surfer, and lost her arm in a shark attack. After trying numerous times, she started surfing with one arm. At the end of the movie, we cleaned up our mess, then got into our pyjamas and under the covers. I was wearing my Winnie the Pooh pyjamas, and Maxon noticed.
"I like your jammies." Maxon said, rolling over so he faced me.
"Thank you." I smiled and kissed him goodnight.