Maxerica One-Shot:

This is a Christmas one-shot, and to clarify, it's before Maxon and America have their baby, but not in succession of the previous chapters.

"How many trees are they hauling in?" America asked, looking around the room with bright eyes and a wide smile.

I grabbed her arms and swung her around the ballroom, not minding the guards that were setting the trees up. "One hundred. One hundred trees, all for you, my dear." She laughed and shook her head.

She pulled me close, so our foreheads were touching. "I. Am not. Your dear." I laughed and she gave me a quick kiss on the lips, then bolted away.

I ran after her, laughing. "Come here, my dear!"

We turned corners and went up and down staircases until I cornered my beautiful wife in a corridor. I pulled her into a hug and started tickling her, both of us laughing.

"Maxon, stop!" America said, laughing. "You know I'm ticklish!"

I continued to tickle her. "I'll only stop if you let me call you my dear."

"Once." she replied, and I stopped.

"Ok, my dear, I have a present for you. Come with me." I grabbed her hand and showed her to where I was keeping the present.

"It's not Christmas yet, though. Not until tomorrow." she said, walking along with me.

I turned around, walking backwards, and kissed America's hand. "Ah, but I have to show it to you now." I turned back around and kept walking down the corridor, excited to see what America thought of it.

I pulled the camera out of my pocket and snapped a picture of America without her noticing. I stopped at the dark wood door that held her present, and grabbed my wife's hands.

"Kris's birthday." I started, and America was confused. "On Kriss's birthday, you brought your violin to the party and played it for her. You are the most talented musician I have ever listened to, you put so much of yourself into playing the violin, the piano, and singing. I think your present will explain the rest." I pushed the door open, and America's eyes shone with awe. Her reflection shone in the glossy grand piano, eyes wide and smile big.

"Do you like it?" I asked, smiling.

"Like it? I love it! Thank you so so much!" She ran to my arms and kissed me, soft and slow, and wrapped her arms around me. I tangled my fingers through her hair, it was so soft and fluid; almost like liquid. She pulled away and I smiled, and then I realized for the millionth time, that I couldn't love one person more than my America.

"Can you play something?" I asked, gesturing to the instruments.

"Of course." She walked over to the piano, sat on the bench, and patted the spot beside her. I sat down, and she lifted the cover off of the piano, and her fingers hovered over the keys, ready to play.

"What should I play?" she asked, looking to me.

"Play your favourite song." I replied, kissing her hand. Her fingers started to move, and they moved across the keys, making a beautiful melody. The song was slow but not sad. It was happy. America had her eyes closed and was swaying as she played, and I smiled. She was truly beautiful.

"Did you like it?" she asked, after she was done.

I nodded, smiling brightly. "I loved it."

Merry Christmas!!