Chapter 29:

I looked around at my familiar- yet unfamiliar room. Maxon was still sleeping beside me and I quietly crept out of bed. I walked to the living room and sat on the old couch in front if the tv. I closed my eyes and relaxed.

I got up from the couch and walked into the backyard. There was a little pain in my heart when I laid eyes on the little treehouse. I had the urge to climb in, but I didn't. I just sat on the porch and looked at it, reminiscing about how Maxon and I had met.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty." I said when Maxon groggily walked on to the patio.

"Good morning, darling." he smiled and sat down beside me.

I kissed him on the cheek. "Do you want me to make coffee?" I asked.

I could see the temptation in his eyes, but he shook his head. "No, I'll do it."

He started to get up, but I stood up faster. "Maxon, let me make it." I ran to the kitchen and Maxon chased after me.

"I can't let you. It is my job to make sure you don't have to lift a finger each day." Maxon said, pretending to be serious.

I laughed and shook my head. "I'm making coffee whether you like it or not." I said, walking to the coffee pot.

We had breakfast out on the patio and got ready. Today, we were going to visit kids at the hospital, so I put on a day dress lingering in between green and blue. I let my hair fall to my shoulders and put on my makeup.

Maxon nodded in approval and reached for my hand as I got out of the bathroom. "Shall we?"

"We shall." I smiled and we walked to the car together. There was a little crowd outside the house, and we said a quick hello to all of them. The car pulled away and I looked at the familiar streets of Carolina.

We passed by the Office, and a big sign that was hanging up stated that Carolina had raised $100 000 for charity.

"Maxon, look!" I said, pointing to the sign out the window.

"That's amazing!" Maxon said.