7: Home Away From Home Problems; part two

Jaime's POV

I could feel James' arm slither around my shoulder and I want to break down. I shrugg off his arm and move over to Jaime's side.

"Who are you?" James spits.

"Jaime. Ellie's friend." Jaime replies.

"Well you should know that I'm her boyfriend so don't try any fucking moves." He retorts back angrily.

"Oh really? If you're Ellie's boyfriend then why is she flinching away from your touch and burying herself into my side?" I state, getting pissed off.

"Because he isnt! I broke up with that douche six months ago!" Ellie chimed in.

"Whatever. Better watch your back Ellie." James cooed, pinching her cheek.

Right there. I fucking lose it. I get up out of my seat and push him off of her, and onto the ground. I pick him back up by his collar and knee him where it hurts.

"Get the fuck out of here." I say to him through clenched teeth.

James gets up slowly and wobbles out of the cafe and Ellie stares at me, eyes watering. I was still fuming until Ellie grabs my arm.

"H-Hime. Thank y-you so m-m-much." She hiccups into my shoulder as she hugs me tightly.

Ellie's POV

"H-Hime. Thank y-you so m-m-much." I hiccup into Jaime's shoulder while hugging him tightly.

"You're welcome. I'd do it again too.." He whispers.

I smile as I sniffle and pull away from him. My heart begins to beat rapidly as I notice his face is getting dangerously close to mine. Not even in 10 seconds, Jaime's lips are on mine. Hesitantly I kiss back and wrap my arms around his neck. My brain begins to spin and I pull away.

"N-no. Jaime. Not now." I whisper.

"What? W-why?" He asks, hurt laced in his voice.

"We just met.. We can do this yet. Give me time... Please?" I ask him hopefully.

"Yeah. I understand. Take all the time you need. I'll wait my whole life if that's how long it'll take." Jaime joked.

I chuckled and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you." I reply.