12: She's A Sister To Love

Courtney's POV

Vic pulled away from our embrace.

I wanted it to stay that way forever.

But unfortunately that wasn't and never will be how it goes for me.

I love many, but am loved by no one.

But I love no one quite like I love Vic. He's always been there for me. Hell, I've always been there for him. We've always been wherever the other needs us, and that makes me trust him more than any other individual that graces this earth.

He saved my life, not only with his music mentally, but stopped me from doing physical damage to myself, any more than I had already done. I know that without Vic, I wouldn't be here today. I wouldn't be alive.

He looked into my eyes now. His beautiful chocolate colored brown eyes stared into mine. The puffiness from his crying over me made the color more vibrant and explosive.

My heart was exploding...

"I love you like my sister," Vic said, and my heart dropped. "If anything were to happen to you... I don't know what I'd do." A single tear streamed down his face.

He was so heartbreakingly perfect... And so dating someone else. And probably going to marry them and have wonderful children and never even think twice about the way I really feel about him.

Never.

I broke. He smiled at me and I broke my own heart into pieces.

I ran into my room, and slammed the door, not realizing that Vic was breaking too...

Jaime's POV 

I held her to my chest as we laid on the couch and watched whatever crummy movie was on TV.

She looked up at me an my heart swelled with happiness.

"You're so perfect," I said as I ran my fingers along her back.

"No I'm not," she whispered back, but I could see that she had smiled inwardly.

We both sat up and she looked into my eyes.

"You're perfect," I said again.

Without any hesitation she leaned in and kissed me fiercely.

A fire rose in my gut.

Vic's POV 

My heart was slowly breaking, and there was nothingI could do about it.

I walked up the compact, creaky stairs, and knocked on her door.

I could hear Courtney sobbing.

"Please let me in."

"No!" She shouted. "Please," I heard her whisper inwardly. I knew she hadn't meant for me to hear. "Please," she whispered and it filled the silence in the air. "Don't leave me."

I slowly opened the door, it wasn't locked.

She was wrapped in a ball, a fetal position and she was sobbing.

I walked wordlessly to the bed and wrapped my arms around her.

"Courtney," I murmured into her hair, "when I said that I loved you, I mean it."

She shook and I pulled her closer.

"I love you Courtney."

"I love you too Vic, more than you know..."

Her voice trailed off and I collapsed backwards on the bed and brought her with me.

I made her head rest on my chest, and began to sing to her.

Courtney's POV 

I was content to listen to his voice and the rapid beat of his heart.

This was... Right to me.

I focused on this, all of the good in the world, and not my possible impending doom...