21: Graffiti On The Walls

Jaime's POV

Ellie was taking me to her special place. The place where she would go if she wanted to relapse. I felt so important, like she wanted me in her life. It made me feel wanted.

"Jaime? Hime, we're here!" Ellie shouts to me from the driver's seat. I perk up and turn my head towards Ellie. She smiles at me and I nod my head vigorously, excited to see her special place.

"C'mon, lets go." Ellie said as she shifted her body toward the door, getting out. We met at the front of her car, and she tugged my arm.

We walked for a couple minutes until we finally reached a small building. The sign read "Arts." Just plain Arts. I chuckled at the name and Ellie must've understood why because she laughed along with me.

"Yeah, not the best name..." She trailed off. As we walked towards the building, I realized that we weren't going inside. We were going towards the back, in the alley

"Ellie, is this safe to go-" I started to questions but she held up her hand to silence me.

"Jaime.. THIS is where I went. I still go here.." She trailed off with a grin.

"ELFY! YOU'RE BACK!" A few voices chimed. The grin on Ellie's face made my heart swell. When she smiles, my whole body tingles. It's a weird feeling, but I like it. I never got that feeling with Kayla.

"Leo! I've missed you!" Ellie squealed as she dropped my hand and ran into a man's arms. He looked about 29. My stomach did flips when I saw him, Leo, hug Ellie and twirl her around. That's supposed to be me. Not him.

"Jaime! This is Leo. He was like my older brother while I grew up." She grinned. I smiled slightly, hearing that he was like her brother. Meaning no feelings for each other, other than family.

"I'm Jaime." I said as I reached my hand out to shake his.

"Leo." He stated, grasping my hand in his, giving it a slight shake. We let go of eachother's hands and I slipped mine back into my pocket. Leo whispered something into Ellie's ear. Her eyes got wide and then she blushed and giggled while looking at her feet.

"No! Shut up! That's not possible!" She stammered out. I clenched my teeth and coughed, trying to get their attention more than clear my throat. Ellie shuffled on her feet awkwardly and Leo shoved his hands into his front pockets.

"Hey, Jaime. I need to talk to you for a second. 'Scuse us, Elf." Leo says nonchalantly as he grabs my arm and dragged me towards the front of the building.

"Listen, Jaime. I can tell you like Elf so don't even TRY to pretend like you don't." Leo began. Well, damn, he's straight forward.

"Yeah. I mean, yes, I do. A lot actually. Like, I don't think I've felt this way before with any other girl. No, I mean, I have. Maybe once, but I don't think those feelings were as strong as the ones I have for Ellie." I rambled out. My heart was beating rapidly in my chest and I was afraid that Leo could hear it.

I sighed and then scratched the back of my neck.

"Look, Leo. I don't want you to tell Ellie about my feelings. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but.. I.. I need to do it myself so she knows that my feelings- they arent fake. That they're genuine feelings. This isn't elementary school anymore where everyone one of your friends tries to help you get the girl. This is real life where you have to work to get the things you want in life. And if I have to work forever, then fuck it, I will. She means that much to me and I'm going to do this on my own." I stated proudly.

Leo smirked at me an then I heard a slight, feminine, cough behind me.

"J-Jaime?" Ellie squeaked out. My whole body froze and I silently cursed myself for not being more aware of my surroundings. Slowly, I turned around to see Ellie standing there with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"N-no no! Ellie don't cry!" I rushed out as I ran over to her and wrapped my arms around her, hugging her small frame.

"D-did you mean i-i-it? All o-of it?" She stuttered out. I grabbed her chin in my hand and made her look at me.

"Every single world, El. I really really like you." I murmured. Leo coughed behind us and I let out a silent "fuck."

"Elf, I can tell you that he really means every word of it. If he didnt, he wouldn't have came all the way here just to see your spray paintings. By te way, I approve." He chuckled out.

"Thank you, Leo." Ellie choked out as she ran into his arms and sobbed into his chest.

"And you. You better treat Ellie right. If you don't, I swear you better know how to fucking run faster than a roadrunner." He spat. I nodded my head vigorously and Leo and Ellie smiled.

"Now imma go and do... My.. Painting stuff." Leo muttered.

Ellie smiled and then walked back over to me, wrapping her arms around my torso and hugging me tightly. She looked up at me with her green eyes and I smiled. She was so beautiful. Even if she didn't believe it. She was gorgeous in every way. Even with her scars, it shows how strong she is.

My thoughts were interrupted with her lips pressing against mine. My arms snaked around her waist, our lips moving in sync. She pulled away after a few minutes, and grinned. An actual grin.

"Wait.. You kissed me first. Does this mean you've had enough time to think?" I challenge.

"It does. I'm ready.. To start something with you, Jaime. I trust you." She said softly.

"And I can't wait to start it with you officially. Be mine, Ellie? Please." I asked.

"Of course, Hime." She replied with a huge smile and another kiss.