Some Advice To Show Who's Worth It For Him

Ash Ketchum was staying over at the Oak laboratory for lunch. He was currently sprawled out in the couch, legs on the mattress and arms all over the crimson-coloured headrest. Pikachu and the rest of his Pokémon were still at the Ketchum residence, snoozing soundly and being babysat by his mother. The ravenette was watching a random television show when his best friend Gary came in the living room, holding a tray of two plates with spaghetti and meatballs cooked wonderfully for such an occasion.

"Hey. What's up?" Gary sat down at the couch to Ash's right, who moved his feet over to give his friend a decent amount of space.

"Nothing much. Just watching this cute TV show. I just love how Meganium would do anything to earn Clefable's love. It's sweet." The younger boy replied, taking a bowl and fork from the tray and helping himself to lunch without question. Gary looked at his best friend thoroughly, noticing the glint of happiness glazed in his chocolate eyes and the slight tint of scarlet sitting on his z-marked cheeks. The brunette smiled at him before proceeding with lunch just as well.

"You're such a sucker for love stories. If anyone knew better, that is. Brock thinks you're asexual for not being a relationship yet after travelling with so many female companions."

Ash nudged Gary in the arm playfully; his hinted blush darkening to visibility.

"Shut up, you! That's so not true. And I am not asexual!"

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, really! I like someone, okay!"

Ash gasped in regret over what he said, hoping Gary hadn't heard, though it was a little too impossible for him to hope so. Great, now he had to face the consequential questions he would be asked soon enough. Gary happened to be the most demanding of people ever when it came to new information - it was part of his personality that made his career as a Pokémon Researcher well-fitting.

Emerald eyes squinted suspiciously at the ravenette, watching the way Ash's own honest eyes landed on him briefly before turning back to the television screen. He twirled himself another forkful of spaghetti and chewed slowly, allowing an unbreakable tension to loom upon them.

"That's cute. Who is it?" The seventeen year old questioned, curiosity evident in his voice while Ash started to resemble the ripest looking tomato ever grown.

The Pikachu Trainer shook his head fervently, a sign to Gary that he was not going to tell him at all. Like hell, he was going to tell. He would rather lose a battle to him than tell.

"If you figured out, you'd hate me for it."

Gary rose an eyebrow. "Why, is it my sister?"

"Whaaat? NOOO! No waaay! Never in a million years!"

"Are you implying that my sister is unlikeable?"

"Whaa- nooo! Of course not!"

"ARE YOU SURE?"

"Garyyy!"

It seemed the both of them stopped eating their lunch to argue over the matter of who Ash had a crush on. In fact, they had placed their bowls on the table in front of them, the television voice-over still playing like ambient music.

"You know I'm just teasing you, Ashy-boy." Gary muttered, ruffling the head of black hair that was Ash's. Ash pouted at the belittling action and cringed at nickname Gary had officially dubbed him since they were children.

The sixteen year old got up to finish what little lunch he had left and to take his bowl to the dining room sink.

Gary didn't want to admit he was curious over the matter. Ash liked someone? He didn't even know that. He was kind of jealous, really. Ash liked him too, didn't he? But the younger boy had an actual crush... Hmmm... who could that be?

The brunette was going to get to the bottom of this, soon enough anyway. For now, he wouldn't push it at all.

"I have some advice for you Ash!" The brunette called out loud enough for the latter to hear in the other room.

"Yeah?"

Good. Ash had heard him. "Just make sure they take care of you like Meganium did to Clefable! If not, they're not worth it!"

A smile made its way to Ash's face, caused by the words that came from his best friend's lips. And Gary knew that. Knew just how to make Ash smile. He knew what made him laugh and tick and cry and hate and feel loved. He would do what he had said to Ash, and hah - he had to admit, he was kind of jealous over this someone Ash supposedly liked.

Gary liked Ash. He cared about him. He wanted to be with him.

He may as well have a crush on him too.

But the ravenette didn't know that yet. And he wouldn't let him know. What Gary had yet to do was to figure out exactly who this mysterious crush of Ash was.

For now, Gary had given him just a piece of advice. A tiny piece of advice.

******************************************************************************************

A.N: Hey! ChiiRyeeBiee here :) This was one of my first finished fics, and I'm posting it here from ff.net. (I may as well utilize le Wattpad account huh?) Hoped you all like it (so far :D)