Some Advice To Show You Love Him Just The Way He Is

Ash and Gary were at Slateport City, having fun in the sun as they splashed around and swam in the deep blue waters. While Ash tried to chase the Pokémon Researcher out in the blue open, Gary dived and pulled the Pikachu Trainer into the freezing underworld. Both boys resurfaced and Gary made an escape from the annoyed predator that was his best friend.

"That was so not funny!" Ash spat out, wiping his face with a hand before opening his eyes. Said eyes settled on a laughing brunette who was clutching at his stomach as if there was no tomorrow.

"Oh Ash, your-pffft!-your expression is p-priceless! Hahahahaha!" Gary laughed out in between breaths. When Ash started to chase him again, he turned around and swam to get away from the ranting younger boy.

"Gary! You jerk! You know I was trying not to get my hair wet! It took forever to style it, you know!"

Ash's hair appeared to be more spiked up than usual, Gary noticed, and a hard hold gel made the raven strands stay in their place. Ash's hair was never gelled up, and, Gary had to admit, the ravenette's straight and free hair looked better than some unnatural hairstyle that he himself usually pulled off in success.

The two friends walked out of the water, grabbing their towels and drying off to rest up for a bit.

Gary smirked at the hazel-eyed boy. "Heh, you should have thought about that before greeting the sea with open arms."

"Shut up." A friendly punch landing on a shoulder was followed by a flick on the ear and a stiffled groan. Soon both boys were engaged in a poke fight, besting each other without a care who was there to watch.

"Geez Ash, you're starting to sound like me."

"Well I'm sorry that you don't want anyone to copy you and your hair complex."

"Hey! That was mean, Ash! Oww!"

"Serves you right, dear Gary, king of all beautiful hair."

"Drink saltwater, Ash."

As they were nearby the shore, Ash and Gary got soaked by a gigantic wave that came crashing down within seconds. Soon they were both dripping with water, all because they were too busy bickering than paying attention to what was happening.

Ash got up and held a hand out to his best friend. Gary took it, stood up, and shook away the excess water from his ear.

"You got your wish, Gary. Thanks a lot. Uggh, great, now our towels are wet!" Ash coughed, unamused.

"Haha. You're welcome. We have spare ones somewhere... but what's with the hair anyway? You're not trying to impress anybody around, are you?"

Ash retaliated almost too quickly. "No! What do call me for?"

"Oh really? Is she around? Oh, the girl you like must be from Slateport City, or Hoenn for that matter... Tell me, is it that Pokémon coordinator, May?"

The ravenette stomped around like a little child. Gary was just pretending not to know Ash loved him to see how defensive a boy in denial could be.

"Stop mocking me! I do not like May!"

Gary rose an eyebrow and smirked his signature I-am-so-much-better-than-you smirk. "Oh, am I mocking you? I didn't know. From the way I see it, you are just being too stubborn to admit it."

This was too good. Ash looked so adorable when angry. Gary noted the pink flare on his cheeks; those z-shaped birthmarks  almost appearing to spark similarly to Pikachu's when the thunder mouse was ready to attack. The sixteen year old also had a priceless pout of annoyance that made him look so utterly adorable - heh, he'd bet even a Steelix would melt down at his cuteness.