His advice-free, Perfect Ending, Perfect Beginning with the Perfect Planning

During the past week, Ash had been travelling between two cities to meet new friends and register for the upcoming Kalos League. He had arrived in Lumiose City with Pikachu, where he received the grass-like otter Chespin from the Kalos professor, Professor Sycamore. Along with the electric type and his new found buddy, he made his way towards Santalune City, where he caught a shy little bug Pokémon named Scatterbug and a rebellious tiny robin Pokémon named Fletchling. After two or so days, he challenged Viola, a bug type gym leader from the Santalune City Gym and won his first Kalos Badge valiantly. The ravenette planned on returning to Lumiose to challenge Clemont, an electric type gym leader from the Lumiose City Gym but little did he know that he was in for a big surprise upon arriving.

It was sad for him to go on his journey without farewelling his best friend and crush before leaving. Gary liked someone he didn't know. Correction: LOVED someone. He could have asked who but, knowing Gary, he probably wouldn't tell him as the sixteen year old hadn't been saying anything about this mysterious crush of his. Plus, he didn't really want to know. It was bad enough to have fallen in love with his best friend. He didn't want to know of any competition he was not willing to deal with. Ash was scared to show Gary the hurt in his eyes for knowing he cared for someone that wasn't him. Gosh, he was so stupid for even being jealous. He was the best friend. It wasn't as if they could be any more than that.

The Pikachu Trainer was trudging tiredly towards the end of Parterre Way, a route marked with colourful flowers and hedges that would then lead him to Lumiose City, an extravagant metropolis city of sorts. He hadn't gotten much sleep last night. He'd had a ridiculous nightmare about ghost Pokémon and Gary being in love with one and the ghost taking him far, far away to wherever ghost Pokémon lived to live happily ever after. Trust his mind to matchmake the Pokémon Researcher and his most hated Pokémon type.

Pikachu, who was perched upon Ash's left shoulder, tried to cheer the gloomy ravenette up by nuzzling into his cheek. "Pika-pi."

Ash smiled weakly, petting the thunder mouse on his head before whispering a faint, "I'm alright, buddy". He straightened up for a bit, took in a deep breath and threw an arm up in the air with a new found determination. There was no way he was going to sulk forever about this crush situation. He was going to be the greatest Pokemon master, he swore to Arceus, and win the upcoming Kalos League, whether he had Gary or not! Hmph!

"Well, Pikachu, we better win me that Lumiose City Badge now! Are you up for it?"

Pikachu's cheeks sparked up with glee. At least his trainer was finally smiling. He didn't like seeing Ash so down for Gary, and if only he could talk he would've told the boy that Gary loved him just as much. "Pika-pi! Pikachuu, chuu-Pikachuu!"

And with that reply, the two friends ran the last few hundred metres eagerly to Lumiose City, only to be stopped by a brown ball of fluff running towards them.

"Vee! Vee! Eevee-veeeee!"

The brown ball of fluff, also known as Eevee, trotted happily at the direction of the electric type and his trainer. Pikachu, upon recognizing the evolution Pokémon, quickly jumped off Ash's shoulder and greeted his friend with a playful game of running around in circles.

"Pikaaaaa!"

"Eeeveee-veee!"

Ash looked at their new visitor closely. Pikachu obviously knew the normal type, but Pikachu only knew one particular Eevee he was sure of. Said Pokémon had the same distinctive brown shade and twinkling licorice eyes that he could remember, which could mean only one thing...

"Hey Pikachu, is that Gary's Eevee?" Ash questioned, his heart rate speeding up quickly as he felt nervous of the thunder mouse's reply. If Gary's Eevee was here in Kalos, then Gary must be here too...