Chapter 4

-Lost in the moon-

Stiles dad-

Stiles dad sat beside his son... staring at the wall... he was a shell of himself...he wasn't eating...wasn't sleeping... and he was here again... the same place his wife slipped through his fingers... and now his son... he knew soon have to accept his Stiles wasn't going to ever wake up... he turned his head away for the boy's face..... looked out the window and saw the full moon hanging so bright in the sky... he had wondered why Derek wasn't here... he forgot tonight was the full moon... and sonetimes..... wolves don't have much control during this..especially if their emotions are in turmoil... he wondered... what Derek and Scott and the rest were doing... were they together... in their pack... safe and watching out for one another....he hoped they were.... they had all become a big part of his life now.. they all waited with him... talked to him...spent time with him.... telling him stories about Stiles... some of the things they told him his son had done for them... put his life on the line for them scared him...but it mostly made him proud.... he was like his mom... he would never turn his back on anyone in need... his eyes watered.... how could he not have noticed what was happening to Stiles...how could he have turned his back on his son... what would his wife think of him right now... that he just left Stiles in the darkness... all alone.... he knew Stiles had demons in him... he blamed himself for his mom dying... he had major self esteem issues... and he was just figuring out he was gay.... and he had no one to help him with any of this.... he laid his over Stiles' hand and just let go... he was crying for everything he did wrong in his life.... he felt this overwhelming pain come from the deepest part of his heart... that this pain would never stop till he had Stiles back.

The Sherrif felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up... Melissa McCall was smiling at him and handing him a cup of coffee... he took a sip and made a face and said,"God and I thought the coffee at the station was bad..this shit taste like tar...but thanks.

"Yeah it does taste awful.. but it does the job.. you will never fall asleep with a cup of that crap in you." she said laughing and squeezing his shoulder."You know you look like shit .. you look like you have lost 15 pounds and haven't eaten in a few days."

"Well...I've busy... umm.. so is Scott with Derek and the rest?" he asked... looking at her with pleading eyes ... hoping she will see he wants to change the subject.

"Yeah... they have been staying away for the last 3 full moons because of all the anguish they are having over Stiles and they can't control their wolves... you know they talk like it's a seperate entity .. the wolf.. that it talks to them instructs them...it's all so mind boggling sometimes." She says pulling up a chair next to the Sherrif.

"Yeah I know... I've talked to Derek a few times.. and he had said the wolf had chosen Stiles first... and then showed him how wonderful my son was...is.... He said he was torn between telling Stiles and trying to push him out of their world.. but you now stuborn Stiles is he said ... he wouldn't leave them." he choked out.."But they left him all alone...I left him alone... what kind of family are we... that's what they say....they are all pack and pack is family...where was Stiles' family when he needed them most of all? Where the hell were we?

The sherrif begin to cry again... Melissa pulled him into her arms and held him there letting him try to find his through this.... to take from her strength.

"You know I though of Stiles as my son too... He and Scott were inseperatable when they were kids .. till the death... it took awhile but they made it back to each other.. love always find a way into your heart." She said softly as she ran her hands through his hair.

"He said God I hope you are right...but I just can't feel that right now... all I can feel is this heavy weight crushing me... making it that I can't breath sometimes... that all the light is slowing fadind away from me." he said sobbing into her shoulder.