Chapter 8

-Broken in the field-

Derek falls to the ground... his betas..his pack his family... holding him back from running to Stiles... they know it's a trap..one he can't survive.... they all can hear Dalton's taunts ..what's he's saying what he's doing to Stiles... they try to put on brave faces...especially Scott... he has to be strong for Derek and Stiles.. he has to save them both...but every time he looks at Derek his heart sinks further into fear for them... He can see that Derek is feeling everything Stiles is... that mate bond ensures the wolf feels what their mate is feeling...even if he couldn't hear Dalton's words... he would still know what's going on... Stiles is screaming it in his head... over and over....and he knows that Stiles is more scared of Derek being hurt than himself dying... that knowing he will cause Derek such pain ... is eating him up more than his fear of what's going to happen to him... Derek feels this .... 

"How can he be thinking only of me? What that bastard is saying he's going to do and all Stiles can think of is me... and how this is going to hurt me...:" Derek says smashing his fists to the ground. "I don't deserve him... he's to good for me."

"Derek he loves you with every part oh himself.... it's not something everyone finds ...but if you do you hold onto that person and love them right back... his mom was the same way." The sherrif stated as he dropped down to his knees."what do you mean he's thinking of you?"

Derek can't answer..he's pushing all his strength to Stiles... his love .. that he's the only one for him forever... that he will be there for him..he promises.

"it's a mate bond.. Derek can hear what Stiles is thinking... if it was two wolves..they could communicate this way to one another...but a human can't pick up.. at least that's what we think...but Derek can hear almost everything." Chris says softly as he puts a hand on the sherrif's shoulder.

Stiles' dad can see every ounce on pain in Derek..it's etched across his face and its on fire in his eyes and it terrifies him... that's it..the sherrif grabs three weapons and lots of ammo and starts towards the area Derek is looking...he's in the tree line before it registers to the group there... not until the first shot is fired... it wakes them all up and they all run towards the forest .. they see the sherrif there and a werewolf at his feet.... one wolfsbane bullet to the heart another to the brain... dead almost instantly...they are all stunned...as he turns and pulls the trigger and the bullet hits another wolf up in a tree.. right between the eyes.

"Damn Sherrif... I didn't know you were that good a shot.." Chris says in amazement.

"I'm was a black ops trained sniper... I don't miss unless I want to miss.: the sherrif states. "and I'm not missing one of these bastards."

Derek lets of his bond connection..turns all his attention to the area they are in... while a werewolves senses are incredible... an alpha's is unbeliveable.. he pulls everyone in and lets them know where all the targets are.

"Ok...everyone knows where to go right...lets get Stiles!" Derek orders out to his group and the hunters. "Kill anyone that gets in the way!"

Derek heads off while the group starts killing the wolves he told them about... he's gone to rescue Stiles... the rest must cause a diversion and keep the pack off him.. he runs...feeling the pull of  his mate's fear....the pull of Stiles' love for him.

Allison first off lets out a barage of flare arrows ..the bright magnessium burning messes with the wolves' ability to see.. then she levels and one ...two ...three wolfsbane tipped arrows hit a wolf... the hunters are firing at the wolves....all with the same bullets as the sherrif... each pack member spars off with their own beta to fight.

Scott and Jackson easily defeat their opponets...they both being high level betas..next in line to be alphas.. Erica is getting beaten down by a big male when Boyd appears and bites and rips the guys throat out...and to make sure he doesn't heal he claws the head off and throws it into the woods.. Scott jumps in to save his mate Issac..he was having trouble with a very large wolf that had him pinned to the ground.. As Scott rips his throat with his claws...Issac shoves his claw up inside the wolf pulling and tearing at his guts.. the wolf screams and the sherrif walks up and puts a bullet in his head... they have seven betas down...eight betas down as Chris fires round after round into  a charging werewolf...splitting open the wolf's skull, letting the brains fall in shreds to the ground. . Scott counts 8 down and 10 to go... eleven if you count the alpha... but he's all Derek's now.