Chapter 9

-Will you still be hear when the sun comes up-

Derek hit the cabin door with all his speed and might.... it shattered at his touch... it turned to splinters under his assault.... he saw Stiles on the floor of the cabin...he had blood all around him..he was still bleeding... Stiles' eyes were wide in terror... but the moment they caught Derek's eyes...they turned...melted... hopeful... full of love...and confidence in his mate...

Dalton had taken off his shirt... it dropped at Stiles' head..he was unbuttoning his pants when the door exploded inward he turned and faced Derek.... he was laughing.... he still had the upper hand he was to close to Stiles... he could kill him in the second it took Derek to jump him... his wild eyed look told Derek he knew what he was thinking... he pulled a small dagger out of his back pocket and threw it into Derek's shoulder... Derek pulled it out.. growling at the alpha in front of him... he looked at the dagger it was hollow in the middle and had slime dripping out of it.

"It's from a kanima i killed... saved some of it's venom..in case I wanted to have some fun with my play things.. long drawn out fun... without anyone putting up a fight... I have taken out so many packs this way... oh but yours is esquisete Derek." Dalton says to him.

Derek feels his legs giving out on him... he drops to his knees... looking at Stiles' face... Derek says."I love you Stiles... don't forget that ever."

"Oh Derek he's going to forget everything except what I do to him...he will take that with him to either heaven or hell...but the way he tastes...it's sure to be heaven." He says smirking at Derek...he drags Derek over and props him up in front of the couch..."I want you to see everything I do to him.... I want you to see what  you couldn't save him from."

"My pack will destroy you." Derek growls ...eyes glowing red.

"Well your pack has destroyed mine...but what will happen when they find the two of you dead.. oh and how they will find pretty boy's body... it will give those children nightmares." he says staring at Stiles, smiling... he takes a deep breath..smells the air.."Oh boy... the father is here... how he will see your failure Derek...and will see his son ... oh i'm going to love this time...yeah you cost me the betas I brought with me..but my pack is bigger... I'll regroup"

Derek could hear Stiles mind racing.. trying to figure out what to do...he was able to move his legs and arms now... but was tied up... unable to get away... thought feeling something coming from Derek... he felt like energy was pouring from him into Stiles' body...filling him with something...he didn't know what..but he was feeling something powerful.

"Derek... I think I will tear out your spinal cord...it will take you years to heal from that...years to simmer in your failure..... that your mate died ...no was ripped to shreds from the inside.... in front of you and you couldn't do anything about it....what do you think?" he said to Derek ...a smirk on his face.

Derek watched as Dalton started to walk towards him...he stopped went to a table ... and threw it at the door... just as Scott and Issac had entered... two daggers the same as the one he threw into Derek... they tore into the boys chest....both screamed ...pulled the daggers out ..took one step and fell to the floor...landing hard on their faces... Issacs nose smashed the floor and was bleeding... Scott's lip split open and blood hit the floor.

Dalton laughed and said."Those were the last of my daggers but... the rest of your group is to far away..... I'll be done and gone.. and you Derek...will be the one picking up the pieces....litteraly."

Tears were running down Derek's eyes....he saw none from Stiles...just steely dry eyes and unafraid eyes....he knew Derek couldn't save him...and he was being breave... even his heart beat was steady...