Chapter 13

-where the heart goes-

Stiles woke up leaned against a tree just outside of the Hale house...he was covered in sweat... shivering...he had only his boxers on.. his eyes were wide..taking in everything... he watched a lady bug crawling on a leaf up in a tree... the tree was about two yards away... he heard the light snoring coming from Derek in his bed... and the heartbeats of all his pack ....they were in his..no their bed...Derek and his...but the pack would always end up sleeping there when something was troubling the alpha or his betas... suddenly a twig snapped from behind Stiles...it was far away..but he had heard it....he turned his head... looking...heard the heartbeat.... fast..very fast heartbeat... a rabbit... stiles eyes glowed red and then everything was black... some time later..he wasn't sure... the world was his again...he could see again...he had a wierd taste in his mouth..his hands were wet...he looked down...the rabbit was torn in two.. and in blood on the forest floor.. in the rabbit's blood written 'help us'... Stiles could taste the coppery liquid on his tongue... when he moved his lips he could feel the fur in his teeth...his heart started racing... he just stared at the bloody words...and keep repeating the same thing over and over, "Derek help us!"

Stiles began screaming, "Derek....Derek....Derek... help us....help me... help us.". he curled in on himself...hugging his legs to his chest and kept repeating... lying on the ground eyes wide ..hardly blinking and not moving from the bloody words.

Derek awoke with a start... Stiles was gone... fear was growing inside him.... then he heard it...the rapid heartbeat.. then the words...calling out for him from his mate... begging him to come and help him...no help us... Derek wasn't sure who was with Stiles, but he could hear the fear in him... could tell by the increasing rate of his heart. he was off the bed and out the door before any of the pack could wake up... and he was running .

When Derek reached him ... his heart just skipped... seeing Stiles lying there hugging his legs to his chest ...in that fetal position...scared out of his mind... he looked around and didn't see anything except his young mate... and fear... but Stiles scent would just change... normal..then something else...and back and forth... he bent down... pulling him into his arms.

"Stiles ...baby ...i'm here... look at me." he whispered into his ear. he saw the fur in teeth' ..the blood all around his mouth... then he saw the remains of the rabbit...and the words written beside it..'help us'

"Derek...Derek....D-Derek... help me...help me...help us..please... it hurts." Stiles said looking into his eyes..... tears were slowly falling from the young mans eyes... his pupils dialated.

"It's OK.. don't worry....." Derek had started to say.

"NO... it's.... NOT" Stiles said in a deep growly voice... his eyes going from brown to red ..then back to brown.

Inside the wolf started to whine...becoming aggitated...it growled through Stiles body to it's mate... it could feel him...it could smell him...but it couldn't see him...most of the time it could see nothing... it was so dark in the boy...he would see glimmers of things... but that was only when he was so upset and started thrashing about...but that caused his ... Stiles to hurt...and when he hurt the wolf hurt too... but what he saw was blurry... but he could hear... he could smell...everything....especially the love everyone had for him... no not him...his Stiles... the wolfs loved him... oh and his mate... he loved the smell of him...it would wash over him... and sometimes calmed him...but mostly it made him angry he couldn't see his mate... he tasted him everytime he kissed him... no kissed his Stiles.. .. he didn't understand...he instinctly knew this is not how things were meant to be.. they should hear each other..he should be able to see what his Stiles sees... but their connection is not broken...but not complete... it skips in and out.... it's stretched and pulled to tight or to loose.. it got mad and struck out with its claws... it imediately regretted that..it felt the pain ..it felt his Stiles pain.