2; Defending the schools Queen B

Bridget Mendler as Claire

   They were the hot topic of the school. They were all anyone could talk about. Anyone but me. I was scared, sitting in my usual back corner seats. Rumors began to spread like wild fire. Who would look hotter. Who would get who. Who would get them into a bed first.
The band was coming here to this school Wednesday- it was Monday today- and they were moving into their house Tuesday.

Double crap. They're probably going to practice at their house and my father will go crazy. He can't stand music. Ever since the accident, music has been banned from our house because it reminded my father of mom. She loved to sing and dance, listening to music. We would sing and dance with her, making every Friday night a dance and karaoke night. Now Friday nights are spent locked in our rooms.

First hour English dragged by. With Claire blabbering my ear off about the band, I couldn't wait until second hour. Finally, the dull sound of a bell rang through the school and everybody rushed out, eager to get out of class for six minutes.

I waited until everyone was out, then slowly made my way through the school to the science labs.

Lunch couldn't come fast enough. Every second felt like an hour, but I knew going home would be worse. In a way, school was my heaven. Which is weird because it's usually everybody's hell. With demons for teachers.

Anywhere without my father was a heaven to me, though.

Second hour slugged by, then third hour. Finally it was lunch. Taking the apple that had miraculously survived in my pocket so far, I walked to a table in the far corner. Past the jocks. Away from the cheerleader sluts. Far from the nerds and geeks. And miles away from the band/choir table. If I heard even a lick of their music, I would be tempted to sing along.

Sitting down at the empty table, I watched as the head cheerleader and school slut, Chelsea Winston, walk over to her table with our schools head quarterback, Jason Hartman, on her arm. Her boy toy of the week. She's probably going to ditch him once the band moves in. She's slept with over half the schools male population.

I tore my eyes away from them as soon as she stuck her face in front of his and kissed him. Also, Claire just sat down next to me. She started stabbing her macaroni with a little more force than necessary.

"Are you okay?" I asked, cautious of the death glare on her face. I was actually kind of scared of that face, not that I would tell her or anything.

She glared in reply, causing me to shrink back in my seat a little.

"Okay. Tell me when you're ready." I said in a small voice already knowing what was going to happen.

Three.

Two.

One.

"Oh my gosh. That idiot is sucking that sluts face when he knows I like him and like, for real? You know I like you and I know you like me. The whole school knows it. So why the hell won't he ask me out? Going out with that slut just to make me jealous. All because he wants to get laid. Like seriously, is that all guys care about. I like him and he's being a complete douchebag about it." She exploded, her voice getting louder and louder with each sentence.

I winced. "Well. Um...maybe he doesn't know how you feel?"

"It's obvious I like him!"

I bit my lip. It was a little too obvious.

"Yeah. Maybe that's why. I don't really know this stuff though."

"Wait! What do you mean? 'Maybe that's why'? You need to help me with this stuff. I need you!" She pleaded.