24; Waiting

CLICK THE STAR
Dedicated to ars_17 and __broken_mirror__

**Comment if you want a sequel (it's not the end of this book though)**

And over 1.38 thousand reads!! Thank you soooo much

Dustin's POV

The slight buzz running through me had me hyped. I've been to plenty of dances before but this one felt different. I was waiting for Amanda to get out of the bathroom, leaning against the wall next to a bowl of red punch, a cup of it already in my hand.

"Hey," a girl in a short, tight red dress sauntered over to me. I recognized her as one of the head cheerleaders. "You all alone?" She trailed a finger down my chest.

My mind was fuzzy and my memory was crap. Was I with someone? I think so. I felt a slight pain in my head but shook it off.

Even though I had a feeling that I was with someone, I couldn't remember who it was and it probably didn't matter. "Yup. You?"

"Yeah," she breathed and leaned closer. "Can I try something?"

"Depends. What do you want to try?" I crossed my arms and she leaned in even closer.

"This," she crashed her lips against mine but I don't pull back. I did the opposite; I did nothing. Her lips move against mine and she pulled my head to hers. I let her kiss me, even though a voice is screaming in my head at me painfully to get the hell away from her. I felt a burn in my heart and the pain in my head got worse. Like someone was punching me non stop.

I pushed the girl back and looked at her. "What the hell?" I looked at the girl angrily but she only grinned at me.

"You'll thank her later. We knew you didn't want to be with that slut." She flounced off and I stood there in a daze. What just happened?

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and turned it on to see the new message.

Claire

Meet me by the doors PRONTO!!!

I frowned but walked to the door, wondering what was wrong. When I got there, I could see Claire, Brody, Aiden, and Zach huddled by the door.

We walked outside and I turned to the group. Claire looked mad and the rest looked worried. She turned to me and slapped me hard across the face.

"What the hell was that for?" I shouted angrily. "You don't just slap-"

"Do you have any idea what the hell you did tonight? What the hell did you even do?" She yelled at me, getting louder with each word.