26; The not- so- breaking break- up

CLICK THE STAR

*(GUESS WHAT?) AMANDA'S POV

You know that feeling? That feeling like something is on the tip of your tongue but you just can't think of it?

That was me right now.

I couldn't remember almost three  month of my life. It was like everything was new to me. I had a boyfriend I can just barely remember. I actually have friends. The five of them told me stories about my past life but it all seemed foreign. So unreal. I couldn't believe I had an okay life after mom died.  I was actually happy.

Now I was scared.

Everything seemed fake. New. Overwellming . I didn't know if I could remember it all or f we could go back to being normal. Back to those good days.

"Hey Amanda." Dustin walked in and I smiled. He was the only one that stayed with me the whole time. The doctors said he wouldn't leave my bedside. I could faintly remember glimpses of him but I didn't understand why a guy like him would want to be with  a girl like me.

"What do you mean?" He asked and I paled. Did I really just say that out loud?

"Yup. The doctors said you might vocalize your thoughts on accident. Why would you think that?" He asked and took my cold hands into his warm ones.

"Because... you're... you're you. You are absolutely perfect. You're amazing and wonderful and perfect and... and I'm just me. I'm nothing special. I'm not pretty or smart or perfect. I'm nothing good at all. It doesn't make sense that a guy who has everything wants to be with a girl who has nothing. Thats what people think. Unless you're just using me-"

"Amanda," he cut me off smoothly. "I'm not using you. I don't care what people think- I. Love. You. I don't care who knows it but I love you. So damn much. What you're thinking, that's  exactly what I was thinking. Except a bit different. How could someone like me land such an amazing and beautiful girl like you? How could a normal guy like me stand any chance against anybody else? How was I to win the heart of a girl who already stole my heart without knowing it? You're an amazing person Amanda, don't put yourself down because of the past. Focus on the future. I want to be your future. And if you would let me, I would be honored." He ended his speech and left me with tears in my eyes.

"I want you to be my future. I don't want you to leave me. I don't think I could live without you." I hugged him and mumbled into his shoulder.

"I couldn't either. Now come on, doctors said you could go today. I don't want to spend any more time here- I hate them." He shuddered.

That's right. The doctors said I could leave yesterday but I figured Dustin wanted to sleep before he drove us to his house. He slept on the hospital bed with me after he tried to sleep on the chair.

It was the best night of sleep I had ever had.

"Ahh!" I squealed as he picked me up bridal style and walked us out of the hospital room. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and held on for dear life.

He carried us out of the hospital, followed by suspicious gazes and judging looks. He unlocked his car and opened the passenger door- all while carrying me.

"You don't think I'm too heavy?" I asked as  he buckled me in.

"You're like a feather Amanda. You couldn't be heavy if you tried." He assured me and pulled back.

"Promise?" I asked in a small voice.

He gave me a fond look. "I promise." Dustin leaned in and pressed his soft lips to my slightly chapped ones. My hands shot to his hair and I moved my lips against his.