11; Im Sorry

ars_17  don't cry and don't hate me. CLICK THE STAR EVERYONE!!!

Amanda's POV

The whole car ride, I was thinking of him. Of what just happened.

He kissed me.

On the outside I was cool, on the inside I was a freaking mess. I was happy, confused, freaking out, so many other emotions. The biggest one was joy.

He actually kissed me.

When he kissed me, it felt amazing. Well. It was my first kiss, so I don't know if it was the best one ever, but to me it was even better. He took my first kiss but I don't care. I blushed at the thought.

"Why are you blushing?" Dustin asked while he kept his eyes on the road.

"I'm not blushing." I muttered, blushing even more from embarrassment.

He chuckled and raised our entwined hands to my cheek, pressing them close together. "It's cute. Don't hide your face from me." He mused and rubbed his hand against my cheek. "We're here. Stay in the car for a minute." He let go of my hand and got out.

"Why?" I questioned as I watched him walk around the car. He walked to my door and opened it for me. I blushed again. "You didn't have to do that." I muttered.

He smiled at me. "I wanted to. Come on. Let's get you a chocolate caramel latte." He took my hand and we walked to the little cafe.

We walked to the counter and Dustin ordered 2 chocolate caramel lattes with extra whip cream. He took our drinks and walked us over to a circular booth. He put the drinks on the table and slid into the booth. I copied him and took my steaming cup. "Thank you. I didn't want to go back there." I shook my head as I drank tiny sips of the scalding latte.

"Why?" He asked, eyebrow cocked and he blew on his coffee.

I sighed. We were being truthful now. No more secrets. "Claire and I got into a fight."

He didn't look surprised, like he already knew. "Did you know?"

He scratched the back of his neck and his cheeks had the faintest trace of pink on them. "Um. Yeah. Claire already told me. We kind of had a talk in third hour. We put our heads together and kind of thought of ideas why you were acting like you were. She had theories and I realized one of them actually could have happened."

I groaned. "What we're her other theories?"

He smiled and laughed. "One of them was you were an underground fighter."

I giggled. "You aren't an underground fighter, are you?" He asked seriously.

I gaped at him. "Why would I be an underground fighter? I am not in any condition to fight, especially underground. Why would you think that?"

He laughed nervously. "Just making sure." I rolled my eyes but continued to drink.

"Are you okay?" Dustin had set his cup down and looks straight into my eyes.

I was confused at the turn of our conversation. "What do you mean?"

"You aren't in pain right now, are you?" He asked, concerned.

I shook my head. "They're old. They  sting a bit and when I shower, it hurts, but it's nothing compared to when they're new." I shivered at the thought of going through it again.

"Hey hey hey," Dustin pulled me to his side. "It will be okay. Just tell me who does this to you and you'll be okay." He squeezed me to his side.