BONUS CHAPTER

Tom's pov. (ooh boy)

I stared at the familiar sight before
me. The bottom of an empty beer bottle. Tossing it to the side, I heard
the tinkle of breaking glass. I heard it, but didnt see it.

Every move felt heavy, every motion felt like I have lead bones. Every breath felt forced. Every word seemed hollow.

It was all going through the motions of life. It wasn't feeling or seeing or hearing. Just doing. I'd never been clear on my religious standards but now, it was clearer than ever. I did not believe in God. Nor will I ever. Because if there was a God, then surely He would have stopped that damn drunk driver. He would have made the truck just miss us.

He would have saved her.

The only person that truly mattered, the only one who would have my heart. Demetria. Nobody else mattered. Not the kids in the back- I knew Amanda would protect her brother and they would take the lesser part of the impact. No, it was all Demetria.

So no, I definitely did not believe in God.

I got up off the couch, grunting as I heard the popping of stiff joints. Heard but not felt. I stumbled drunkenly to the kitchen, to see Demetria making breakfast.

"Demetria?"

The girl flinched and turned, making my heart drop to my stomach.

No. Not Demetria. Amanda. The only other person who lived here. The resemblance was uncanny, and it would not have been the first time I'd mistaken Amanda for Demetria. The anger of mistaking my love for a child- a child I wasn't sure I wanted anymore- ran hot through my veins. I let out a mangled yell and held onto the edge of the table tightly.

Amanda let out a squeak, dropping the plate and shaking before backing herself away. The broken plate only added fuel to my fire. I jerked towards her out of anger, holding on to the table so I wouldn't lunge at her. She yelled  and ran out of the kitchen, up the stairs to her room.

"Son of a... argh!" I screamed and banged the table with my fist. The loud crack  echoed around the kitchen. I stomped on the plate, not caring that I was ruining the plate more, not caring that I could get glass in my foot- I had shoes on anyways.

Tears stained my checks and blurred my vision as I looked down. The broken plate fragments scattered here and there. One piece caught my eye and I picked it up, mindful of the sharp edges.

Purple flowers surrounded half of a blue heart. My eyes widened as I realized what plate this had to be. I frantically looked through the shards until I found the other half, placing them together and letting out a noise between a dying cat and a sob.

A complete blue heart. A blue heart with the date 2-14-96 painted inside. Pain took over and i knelt next to the plate.

Our wedding plate.

Sadness took over my body and i slumped to the ground. One of the only things I had left that I shared with Demetria. One of the happiest days of my life.

Gone.

Becuase of the actions of a stupid girl, my subconscious sneered.

Yes. Becuase the actions of some stupid girl upstairs.

My daughter.

Its not like I wanted the brat anyways. She was just an inconvenience. One that I didn't want. 

You do want her, though. There's Demetria in her, you know.

The broken china fell through my fingers and I sighed. I loved Amanda. I did; she way my daughter. How could I not love my daughter?

I couldn't think- I needed a beer.

Inconvenience or not, this girl was my daughter. I could send her off to live with her aunt. I could've don so many things.

So why didn't i?

I had a whole weapons arsenal in the basement; why hadn't I gotten rid of her?

Because you love her.

A pretty screwed up love then, if you asked me. Pretty screwed up indeed.

I'd beaten her, broken her, abused her. How the hell  could that be called love?

Demetria had showed me what love was. Why couldn't I show Amanda what love was?

I chuckled darkly to myself and stood up, brushing broken fragments off me and opening the fridge.

I did the only thing I knew how to do properly.

I opened a bottle and drank myself to oblivion.

*_*_*_*_

um wow. what. who expected that? wow. a little insight to Tom's thoughts and feelings. happy new year right😂  love you all and vote! (probably going to be the only bonus chapter. if you guys want more though, dm me!)