Chapter 2

He picked up the fork and starts eating the spaghetti, he smile as he chews, I guess, it must taste good to him. I really don't care for it, exspecially when it has big meat balls in it. He finishes the spaghetti, leaning back on his heels.

"I'll be back with a pillow and blanket," I told him.

I took thw bowl and was quietly sneaking in the back door. I walked over to the sink washed the bowl by hand along with the fork, so that way my parents didn't hear then I put them up. I went up stairs and got an extra pillow and blanket. I peeked outside my door and heard my mother coming up the stairs. I stuffed the pillow and blanket under the bed, I crawled ino bed and covered myself up and looked toward the door with a smile.

"Emery, are you still awake?" She asked in a whisper, and opened up the door and smiled at me.

"Hi, mom," I said cheery, and hoped that she leaves soon.

"Do you want me to read you a bed time story?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Alright."

I watched her walk out of my room and shut the door with a soft thud. As soon as I heard her go back downstairs I grabbed the pillow and blanket, I snuck down the stairs quietly and carefully. I got to the kitchen door without being caught, closed it quietly then took off in a run to the garage. I went straight to the back and he was standing up.

"Tole suk, ny shishku aakas," He said shaky.

I had no idea what he said, and I wish I did. "You're welcome," I said with a smile and he smiled back.

He took the pillow and placed it on the floor, then grabbed the blanket. He sat down and grabbed my hand I sat down beside him. A few minutes later he laid down and covered himself up, but never let go of my hand.

"Wiki," he said in a low tone, patting the edge of the pillow.

I laid down beside him and tried to stay awake until he fell asleep. Unfortunately that didn't go according to plan.

"Emery!" I woke up to my mother's shouting. "Emery, where are you!"

"Emery, you're going to be late for school, come out please, me and your mother's worried sick," my father screamed.

I heard them russling outside the garage it's only a matter of time before they come in here and find me and him. I got ready to get up and keep them away from the garage but he grabbed my hand.

"Wiki," he said again.

"Emery, are you in here?" my father asked slightly breathless.

I could hear his foot steps getting closer, but there was more people with him. I caught sight of a soldier with a gun he came around the corner. The little alien boy got up and stood in front of me and the soldier pointed the gun at him. Another on walked up behind me and grabbed the boy. He jabbed a needle into the side of the boy's neck.

"No," I cried as I watched them carry him away.

"Emery, don't he's not worth your time," my mother said in a soothing tone, rubbing the back of my head.

I shook my head and tried to pull away from her. I wanted to go back to my room and go to bed and skip school, I wish I never fell asleep and they came looking for me out in the garage.

"Emery, he's not worth anything, he's nothing," my father said shrugging his shoulders.

~~~

I woke up from my nightare my breathing is coming in quick short gasps. I brushed my teeth quickly than grabbed my brush and ran it through my hair making sure there was no knots. I got dressed then headed downstairs were my parents were waiting with my little brother.

"Oh look here comes the alien kisser," my brother sneakered, throwing his head back laughing.

"He was scared for his life and for mine," I snapped, rolling my eyes as he stuck his tongue out at me.

"Your sister's right, Joshua," my father said calmly, taking myside.

"Yes. But Emery could have been killed being that close to him," my mother accused, looking at my father through narrow eyes.

"They're going to get their shot at humanity for the first time, since they arrived here five years ago," my father said smug, swallowing the last bit of his milk.

"I don't like it they shouldn't even be here in the first place," my mother wined, stomping out of the room.

I didn't say nothing just put in my earbuds and pretend that I didn't hear my mother's complaning. I finished my breakfast and hurried out of the door looking forward to getting to school were my family's griping could not follow me.

"Hey, Emery, let me point out all the need to knows," Jackson said cheery, quickening his pace so he can walk beside me.

"Okay," I said in a low shaky tone, looking at him than straight ahead.

We walked inside the school and he starts pointing out the cool kids from the science geeks, the jocks and cheerlearers, than he pointed out the head cheerleader and than my locker.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

He nods and stands by the stairs.
I head in the direction he pointed out, which was down the second hallway on the right. I walked back over to were he was waiting which was by the railing to the stairs looking down, I walked over and looked down right when the new students came walking through the door. Four looked up at all the gaping students, but one of them seemed almost familiar, and than his gaze locked onto mine.

~~~

I followed a line of students to our first class feeling more nervous with each passing minute. Taking a deep breath I walked through the crowd of students and took my seat in the back, trying to advoid all confrontation with anyone who may or may not hate me.

"This is the book we're going to be studying," the teacher said in a rough tone, holding up the same book that she handed to each of the new students as they came up to her desk to get their slips filled out.

I was also one of those new students that has to get my slip signed by all of my new teachers. The bell rang and I head for my locker to get my other folder for math.

"Wiki, Emery."

A male's voice called from behind me, I turned and saw the same boy who's gaze had locked with mine when all nineteen had first entered.