Chapter 12: The Sound of My Heart

Hi :3 Some of you have been asking for quicker updates, and I didn't want to leave you guys hanging on the previous chapter.... :P So, I'm writing this during my travels so that I have it ready to publish when I get back... On the 16th of September. Oh, and we've reached 7k reads and 300 votes here, oh me ged! Thank you guys so much for continuing to read this fanfiction! ❤️ I use to write, like, 9 pages and call that a chapter -_- sorry about that 😂 Oh, and I've started watching an anime called "Guilty Crown", and it is soooooooo good! I finished episode 12 so far, and it is was so sad! Anyway, on to chapter 12!

Enjoy!

Warning: Chapter contains even dumber fluffiness ( -^- )
~

Previously:

"I-I, uh..." I said, not knowing how to respond to my sudden actions.

Luffy's face titled a little more, and I looked away, my mind going blank. I haven't been this close to anyone before...

I turned around to face him and felt myself acting like a magnet, Luffy hesitantly following my lead, dumbfounded.

What am I doing?

I have no idea.

~

Nami's Pov:

Craaaap, what was I doing?? I couldn't stop moving closer... And closer... There was no stopping me, I think. Either way, I felt a tingle inside every time I inched closer.

Everything was slow.

I stared at Luffy, he looked only dumbfounded, and leaned closer every time I did, as if he were following every movement I made. My arms were still draped around his neck, feeling the warmth of his skin... Which didn't help the situation at all!

As I leaned closer, I felt the tightness of my nose further pressed onto Luffy's nose. I lightly titled my face, my nose lightly slipping away from his.

Soon, my lips were only inches away from his, feeling the warm breath of his tickle my lips. Surpassing a shiver, I moved a little closer, still slightly distant from Luffy's lips. All of this felt wrong in a way, but... but I wasn't sure if doing the right thing was my job anymore... Or my responsibility.

I lightly moved closer, and before I could close the distance between us, I looked up to meet my eyes with Luffy's. The look on his eyes showed a mix of worry... And hesitation. I lightly gasped, widening my eyes.

I couldn't.

I stopped suddenly, moving my arms to grip Luffy's shoulders. I backed up a little, and hung my head down.

"I... I'm sorry, Luffy." I said apologetically, finally regaining myself and my reasoning's.

I looked up to his eyes, the look in his yes before wasn't there... Replaced with his childish sparkle again. Huh, was I just imagining it? I thought.

"Hm? What is it, Nami?" Luffy asked.

I sighed, still hanging my head down, knowing what to expect from him. Stubborn as always. What would've happened if I did happen to... Um... You know....

"Luffy, do you have any idea what happened?" I asked.

It was stupid to ask, and I knew I probably looked like a tomato by then, but I needed to know. And I knew myself, what I was about to do something I couldn't take back. What was I thinking?!

".... I-"

Just before Luffy could finish what he was about to say, I heard people down the hallway to my left. I quickly lunge myself off of Luffy right when Hancock appeared.