ultrAsound

Ezra's POV

When she told me she was bleeding, my heart stopped.
It felt like my heart was being crushed into a million pieces.

I told her to wait there while I brought my car around the corner and she got in.

"How much was it Aria?" I asked

"It was enough for me to freak out but, not like a period."

"Ok well I know it's a lot to ask but you need to try and calm down."

"I'm really trying." She said taking breaths

We got to the hospital and I told her to sit in a chair as I got the nurse.

"My girlfriend is about six months pregnant with twins and she told me she was bleeding and cramping." I told the nurse

"We can schedule her an ultrasound now but it might be a while. This is not our top priority right now."

"I understand, we'll wait."

I went to sit back with Aria who was clearly very scared.

"Aria look at me. Whatever happens just know that nothing is going to change between me and you. I will love you the same way that I always have."

She didn't answer me. She didn't even look at me. I grabbed chin and turned her towards me.

"I love you Aria."

"I love you too." She sad braking into tears and hugging me.

A tear slid down my face but I wiped it away quickly so that Aria wouldn't see me. I need to be strong for her right now because this is what she was most afraid of.

An hour later one of the nurses told us to follow her into the ultrasound room.

"What seems to be the problems?"

"She was bleeding when she went to the bathroom. She's pregnant six months." I told her as she put the ultrasound gel on her stomach.

She looked concerned and confused.

"What is it?" Aria asked.

"Ms.Montgomery The good news is that there is a heartbeat. The bad news is there's only one. I'm so sorry but it looks like one of the twins didn't make it."

Aria started crying and I held her hand.

"What's gonna happen now?" I asked heartbroken

"Well we cannot abort the baby because of the risks it posses to the other baby so she is going to have to deliver it with the living twin and you can decide what you guys are going to do once the due date is here."

"What happened to my baby?" Aria asked

"Well the baby was not developing as fast as the other twin."

"Which one was it?" She asked again

"I'm sorry but it was the baby boy."

"Am I going to keep bleeding?"

"Not really. What you saw was the worst of it fortunately. We will want to monitor you more often now so that we can help if something goes wrong with your daughter."

"We understand." I said helping Aria up.

"We're going to want to see you back in two weeks then. I know something like this can be very hard on couples but we do have Grief counsellors at you disposal at any time so don't hesitate to call us."

"We won't and thank you again for seeing us on such short notice."

Aria put her clothes back on and then we headed to the car. The second I closed my door she started sobbing. I got out of the car and went to the passengers side. I lifted her up and slid under her so she would be on my lap.

She rested her head on my chest and continued to cry for an hour before she finally calmed down.

"Aria I love you." I whispered in her ear

"I love you too."she whispered and then her phone buzzed.

She grabbed it from her purse and opened up a message. It was from 'A' and I could feel her tense up.

"I didn't even have to do anything to you this time. You did it to yourself. You're gonna be such a bad mommy if you couldn't even keep one of your babies alive.
-A"

She threw her phone in the back seat and started to cry again.

"Aria look at me" I said. "None of this was your fault. Never let anyone tell you otherwise, okay? You are going to be the best mom any little girl could ever ask for. If you listen to 'A' it's gonna make you depressed and stressed and that's not good for the baby."

" I'm sorry." She cried

"For what?"

"Killing one of your babies."