Oh what big teeth you have

Chapter Five:

                                                                      "Oh, what big teeth you have"

Natasha, Thor and Dr. Banner knew exactly what they wanted to do. Like Hall's plan, they wanted to bust through the ground and to their friends below, but they wanted to do it without the risk of possibly killing them in the rescue attempt.

"Think you both can do this?" Natasha asked as she glanced at each of her friends.

"We can try Widow of Black", Thor answered with a smile.

"I think this should work, but if it does, we need to move quickly", Bruce said with a nod, "If I am not mistake, should this succeed, the ground will quickly re-collapse, burying us beneath the ground with the others, like a seal. You will be the only one able to enter Natasha."

"Alright, let's do this then", she said as she backed up, preparing herself to move as quickly as she could when the time came.

Thor and Bruce glanced at one another before Bruce closed his eyes and roared as entire body gleamed green and his muscles rippled, tearing through his shirt as the Hulk appeared. Thor began swinging his hammer, working up electricity and wind as Hulk prepared himself. Then with a nod to each other, they both slammed down on sealed hole.

Just as they thought it would, the ground rippled and collapsed, leaving a hollow opening. Natasha wasted no time as she jumped through it into the dark below. Not even seconds after she entered, the ground re-collapsed and the hole was sealed, leaving a worried Hulk and Thor above ground.

"Find our friends", Thor whispered as Hulk and him headed back towards where Fury awaited word of their progress.

AVNGRS

Natasha landed with a roll, her suit and hair soaked as she glanced around at the dark water filled tunnel. She didn't know where her friends ended up after being pulled into the ground, but she hoped they were nearby, because the further she walked in the dark, the more her skin crawled with apprehension.

Something was watching her.

AVNGRS

Tony winced for what felt to be the millionth time. He had been trying to hide his injuries extent from Steve until they were at least top side, but he was beginning to have more and more problems walking. So far, he was doing quite well with just a slight stumble here and there, but he knew he was losing blood and it wouldn't be long before symptoms would begin to kick from anemia. Still, if he could help it at all, they wouldn't know about it until at least Clint was safe and sound.

Steve who was becoming more and more concerned in front of Tony, leading the way back, knew something was severely wrong with his teammate. Tony never stopped talking, no matter the situation and the fact the man was silent now worried him more than he tried to let on. Then there was also the fact that ever little bit, he swore he witnessed the man stumble just a little out of the corner of his eye. Tony was stubborn and him not talking about his injuries wasn't making Cap feel any better, but like Tony, he knew they needed to focus on Clint first.

"He should be right up ahead", Steve motioned, knowing Tony could see him with the slow blinking light of the Art Reactor in his chest.

That was something else Steve was concerned about. Tony survived solely because of the Reactor. Should it go out, he wouldn't have long before his life was in imminent danger.

"Is that you Rogers?" came a weak voice.

Tony's gaze sharpened as they neared where their teammate was trapped in the icy water beneath a full grown tree. It was easy for Stark to see why Steve couldn't have lifted it alone. The entire base of the tree was covered in clay and stone. While Steve was super strong, even he couldn't lift the thing without at least a little assistance.