Oh You haven't seen anything yet

Chapter Eleven:

                                                               Oh, You haven't seen anything yet

Tony was beginning to hate magic.

Sure, the technical terms and ideas behind what makes magic, well ... magic, interested him greatly, but actually being on the receiving end of the stuff, wasn't all that great. In fact, he would say it was downright painful, literally.

"Don't you ever...run out of magic", he bit off as Enchantress held him up by his throat. He kicked out at her with his right leg, smacking across her face. She dropped him and he scrambled back as she wiped the small amount of blood he had spilled from her split lip.

"Foolish mortal", she chided, "you do not understand that it is I who has the power. Stop fighting me, for you only prolong the torment that I shall give you the more you defy me."

"Yeeeeaaahhhh....no," Tony drawled, "Don't think I will stop fighting you anytime soon, but you're more than welcome to day dream about it while I go find help."

Tony took off towards the door. He knew his friends would have received the code already and be on their way, but he sincerely hoped they made it on time before he became less than yesterday's scraps. He really didn't want his suit ruined. He had already lost the other one due to those stupid giant worms, but now even his backup was in danger of being wrecked. At least he would have no problems making excuses so that he can stay in the lab and work.

"Stop running Stark!" Enchantress screamed, "You will pay for what you did to Loki and you will pay for drawing my beloved Thor from me!"

"Take it up with Thor, not me!" he yelled back as he dodged another blow.

"You are the only one here Stark and if it hadn't been for you, my plan would have worked perfectly!"

"What plan?" he asked, hiding behind the counter as she stepped around.

"My plan for Thor and the rest of the Avengers of course", she replied as she readied another energy blast.

Tony dodged as she shot it, barely moving out of the way as he dove behind the couch.

"I think Thor and the others would have something to say about that", he commented again, but inside his suit, he was quickly trying to formulate a plan.

"Jarvis", he whispered, "is Dumm-E nearby?"

"Yes sir", his AI replied.

"Good, bring him to me and tell him to shoot his fire extinguisher at Enchantress as soon as I give the signal."

"It will be done sir", Jarvis replied.

Tony stood up, coming out from behind the couch as he stared the enchantress down who smiled with delight.

"Finally given up, Stark?" she asked.

"Not a chance", he replied, "but I wanted to warn you."

She paused her movement of gathering another blast of energy. "Warn me?"

"Right. You see, Thor may be from Asgard and oh yes, we can't forget Hulk who is basically other worldly, so I doubt they would understand the needs of the little people. You and I for example."

The enchantress frowned.

"What are you getting at human?"

"Just this. You and I are the middle men, right? Not all powerful, not the little guys. So basically..." he paused and noticed Dumm-E behind her. Smiling behind his helmet, he continued as he readied his glove, "Basically...this was just a rambling distraction."